WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I am the guy that snores. I hike with my son,who is used to the noise,so we typically will only sleep in a shelter if there is no one else there,unless the weather is really bad. For those days,I carry packs of new earplugs,and offer them to anyone else in the shelter. I know it is annoying,and I can't help it,so that's the best solution I have found. They are nice to save time or tent setup and teardown.

I am always a tent guy. I like my privacy and after catching norovirus at a trail magic set up, I prefer to not touch things others have touched around the shelter. The only shelter I’ll consistently stay in is the 501 shelter in PA.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Slow Trek View Post
    I am the guy that snores. I hike with my son,who is used to the noise,so we typically will only sleep in a shelter if there is no one else there,unless the weather is really bad. For those days,I carry packs of new earplugs,and offer them to anyone else in the shelter. I know it is annoying,and I can't help it,so that's the best solution I have found. They are nice to save time or tent setup and teardown.
    Almost in tears while reading this alone in a shelter.
    The one I find in my fish net.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++