WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default MA section hike, Cheshire parking

Are there designated AT parking areas at trailheads in or around Cheshire?

Rohland website doesn't seem to show much, other than a 1-2 car area at the Rt 8 trail crossing. Is this one valid?

Appreciate any information. Considering hiking in the area in a few days.

Thanks!

There is a parking lot (not designated on Rail Road Street) and try the church nearby. I called ahead a few years ago and was given permission to park.
    I don't remember the church name but should be easy to find.
    The parking situation at the church may have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by hopetofinish View Post
    Are there designated AT parking areas at trailheads in or around Cheshire?

Rohland website doesn't seem to show much, other than a 1-2 car area at the Rt 8 trail crossing. Is this one valid?

Appreciate any information. Considering hiking in the area in a few days.

Thanks!
    As I remember (and it has been some time since having been there), there was a small area on Route 8 as suggested. Basically a driveway into a business, but then a couple cars could pull off onto the grass on the side that abutted the trail. So yes, a possibility, but not a great deal of space and thus no guarantee that any would be available when you arrived. Of course, that also assumes nothing changed, but if they are still listing it, that makes it sound that nothing has.

Outlook Ave crossing has a spot for 2 or 3 cars. You might be able to park at the Cheshire Community Center if you call and ask.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Used to hike this section regularly. Got dropped off in the afore mentioned business driveway but never left a car there.

Quote Originally Posted by One Half View Post
    ...You might be able to park at the Cheshire Community Center if you call and ask.
    I just called the Cheshire MA Community Center, and was told it is soon to be renamed as the Cheshire Senior Center. The friendly person there on the phone said it was no problem to park for a few days. She appreciated the call to confirm. I didn't ask but would guess they maybe would not like a car sitting there for some long duration.

This place is at 119 School St, Cheshire, MA 01225

There are several parking spaces adjacent to the bicycle path/rails to trails. It's across from the post office. Just parked there in July. High visibility lot.

I parked there as well, right beside the bike/hike path in late June. My shuttle met me there and I hiked back to the car from Greylock. Had ice cream at Diane's Twist after I hiked back to the car. Super close to the A T but is not a trailhead. A nice community park.

++ New Posts ++