WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Looking for Northern VA Shuttle

I haven't had any success in getting shuttle from Snickers Gap down to mile marker 940 or so going NOBO. The 2022 shuttle drive list so far hasn't yielded anyone yet. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

The Shuttle Providers listing on the WB home page show several operators that are based in the Snickers Gap mileage range. Is this the listing that you are referring to? Try contacting some of them and if they cannot help you, see if they can recommend someone who can shuttle you.

One possibility, from the 2023 edition of WhiteBlaze Pages:

Scott & Marie Wheaton 540-514-9385. [email protected] Owners: Scott & Marie Wheaton - “Hopeful & Red Wing”. Based out of Bluemont, VA.
    Pet friendly. 365 days, (call for availability) & some holidays. S to SNP, (N end) < > N to Southern PA & airport, bus & train terminals. Slackpacking.
    Last edited by atraildreamer; 05-27-2023 at 12:27.

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

My advice, call the Mountain Home B&B (easily found on the internet). They may shuttle and if not, they will know who shuttles in that area.

MM 940 is in SNP, so be mindful to park entrance fees

Images

I don’t know if Skyline is still around but he was “the guy” you would call for reliable shuttles in SNP.
    Getting lost is a way to find yourself.

++ New Posts ++