WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Post Looking for partner(s) for AT section hikes in New England

My wife says that I am too old to hike alone, so I am looking for a partner, or partners, for multi-day sections hikes of the AT in New England.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulfromRI View Post
    My wife says that I am too old to hike alone, so I am looking for a partner, or partners, for multi-day sections hikes of the AT in New England.
    I'm a section hiker entering New England. Hopefully, will get into Mass. next week. Looking forward to getting to Hanover this year. Goal is for Katahdin within 3 years.
    Typically, around 2 miles per hour, 12-15 miles a day,though averages will slowly begin to fall off a bit, I'm sure. Usually, out for 3-4 days, but open to longer hikes on occasion.

PM me if you are interested in connecting.

Planning to be in Vermont last week of June section hiking. . . slack packing, however.

Please see SundanceCO7 post posted today. Thanks.

If you don't find someone to hike with, just do your hikes at times when you will find other hikers on the trail. That's what I did for almost all my hikes (started AT at age 60, summited Katahdin at 74)Always had people to chat with, advise, help me if needed, etc., etc. In a lot of ways I found it a better experience because I could start when I was ready, stop when I was tired, eat what I chose, see more wildlife, etc., etc. It was also a lot easier logistically, especially before I retired.

Hey Paul

Paul from CT. 66 and looking to carve out a section of the AT in CT/MA and or VT. Thinking about 2 weeks to start but could do 3-4 days depending on starting point. Could hike up to a meeting point and join for a few days

I want to knock out the CT AT which is 52 mi and 104 out and back.

Very Hoy now so thinking early September

++ New Posts ++