WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default 100 Mile Section

Can someone suggest a scenic 100 mile section of the Colorado Trail with a relatively easy to get to starting point and ending point with a resupply spot somewhere in the middle third? I only have time for around 100 miles. Thank you in advance with any guidance. - TINTD
    Whether you think you can, or think you can't--you're right--Henry Ford; The Journey Is The Destination

Quote Originally Posted by Turk6177 View Post
    Can someone suggest a scenic 100 mile section of the Colorado Trail with a relatively easy to get to starting point and ending point with a resupply spot somewhere in the middle third? I only have time for around 100 miles. Thank you in advance with any guidance. - TINTD
    If you could push it to 160 miles the Collegiate Loop would be a great fit for your requirements.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.
    Images

I agree with Astro. I did the Collegiate Loop last fall and thought it was great. Start and end at the same place.

But 100 miles on the Colorado Trail: start at Monarch Pass and head north to Twin Lakes. Day Three will get you to Princeton Hot Springs, which is awesome. Marginal resupply in town or send yourself a package. Hot springs not to be missed. It may not be quite 100 miles.

It's not the CT, but the CDT: again Monarch Pass to Twin Lakes. No resupply. Higher altitude. Spectacular views.

Either way, great trip.
    Give me a mile of trail and I can show you the forest. Give me a mile of runway and I can show you the world.
    Long Trail Completed 2021.
    Collegiate Loop 2022

+1 on the Collegiate Peaks Loop if you can fit the 160 miles in. Otherwise, Segments 18 through 24 which is Route 114 at North Pass to Molas Pass and Rte 550 between Durango and Silverton. 108 miles. Great scenery. Resupply at either Lake City or Creede on Route 149. (Free shuttle to and from Lake City until Aug. 31st). Not the easiest starting point but we had some very easy hitchhiking on Rte. 550 to Durango once we finished - this was 2021. Best of luck.

++ New Posts ++