WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Land Between the Lakes shuttle?

I’m considering hiking the North-South Trail that goes through Land Between the Lakes this summer. Does anyone know of any shuttle services or trail angels in the area?

Default Land Between the Lakes shuttle?

It makes me happy to hear someone else is giving this trail a go, I spent a good amount of time in college trying to do it in one shot, never succeeded! I'm not familiar with any shuttle services running out there, maybe try to convince a friend to drop you at the start and have your car at the exit? Forces you to complete the hike, but I've hitchhiked LBL a time or two, people are willing if you're desperate. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by TNJared View Post
    I’m considering hiking the North-South Trail that goes through Land Between the Lakes this summer. Does anyone know of any shuttle services or trail angels in the area?

WB home page has an extensive listing of shuttle operators for free download.

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

Default Used gear

Hey guys, I'm interested in attempting the AT this spring and looking for some used gear,any info would be appreciated

I saw the download/list for shuttle services along the AT, but this isn't on the AT. Where can I find a list that covers other trails?

Registered User Tennessee Viking's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

You probably need to look at Uber or Lyft
    ''Tennessee Viking'
    Mountains to Sea Trail Hiker & Maintainer
    Former TEHCC (AT) Maintainer

I saw the download/list for shuttle services along the AT, but this isn't on the AT. Where can I find a list that covers other trails?
    Some of these shuttle operators will travel a long distance. Pick the closest operator to your destination and ask if they will pick you up, or they might be able to recommend someone that will do the shuttle run.

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by atraildreamer View Post
    Some of these shuttle operators will travel a long distance. Pick the closest operator to your destination and ask if they will pick you up, or they might be able to recommend someone that will do the shuttle run.
    It’s over 300 miles from anywhere on the AT to Land Between the Lakes.

I really dont know why some folks have posted or suggested the things they have because they are useless. No AT shuttle driver is going to have a realistic suggestion for a 30 mile trail 300 miles away.

Jared you may want to look at FB for things like "Friends of LBL, N-S Trail group" etc etc this is how I have done the whole sheltowee trace, via facebook "friends of the ST" groups
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit McCrae View Post
    I really dont know why some folks have posted or suggested the things they have because they are useless. No AT shuttle driver is going to have a realistic suggestion for a 30 mile trail 300 miles away.

Jared you may want to look at FB for things like "Friends of LBL, N-S Trail group" etc etc this is how I have done the whole sheltowee trace, via facebook "friends of the ST" groups
    Did a Google search and came up with this site:

https://www.landbetweenthelakes.com/hiking/

all of this info was listed there:

Contact Land Between The Lakes

If you have any questions pertaining to Land Between The Lakes, please contact them at:
    Phone: 1-800-525-7077 or 270-924-2000

Email: [email protected]

The Golden Pond Visitor Center is located at:

238 Visitor Center Drive
    Golden Pond, KY 42211

GPS:
    N 36 46′ 38.41”
    W 88 03′ 53.75”

Try contacting them and ask about shuttle operators that may be available.

They also have free, downloadable trail maps available at the site. Check it out.
    Last edited by atraildreamer; 02-21-2023 at 15:01.

++ New Posts ++