Quote Originally Posted by peakbagger View Post
The only tools I felt were necessary were, scissors (cutting mole skin and hydrocoloid patches), tweezers (tick removal). I carried a plate compass with a built in magnifying lens to assist with tick ID and removal.
I have a Plastic Fresnel Lens (the size, shape, and weight of a credit card). Super handy for the tic thing, as well as reading microscopic print on maps. They cost next to nothing. It my case it was nothing. It was a free handout somewhere.

I have a Tic Twister for tic removal.

I carry a small sewing kit with need/thread

A good nail clipper is essential. I'm prone to toenail infections if they are not trimmed just right.

Otherwise I use a Victorinox Ambassador. This SAK is identical to the ubiquitous Classic, but just a little larger. It has a small blade and scissors. I find the scissors on the Classic to be too small for my fat fingers. The Ambassador is just big enough for me to find useful. It also has a toothpick and tweezers. Unfortunately the tweezers are not very useful (so I use a sewing needle for picking out splinters) and the tic twister for removing tics. I once e-mailed the company suggesting that pointed tip tweezers would be more useful. Their reply made it clear they were not interested in my input.