WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default PT6 - Burns, AL to Heflin, AL Spur Trailhead

There wasn't too much to this trip other than my own rigmaroles and debacles. Lots of views, lots of water.
    Trip started Friday afternoon, I got in 5.5 miles to a small waterfall. Great tent site for 5+ tents. My hiking dog put a toenail thru my down Exped pad, somehow I managed to patch it with tenacious tape and a layer of leuko tape over that. Saturday I did 22.5 to Calhoun view. Nice overlook campsite with fire ring and bench. Rained all night. A giant pine cone fell on my dyneema dipole 2 tent and punctured a couple pencil tip size holes in it. Something else to repair. Finished up Sunday morning with 3 miles to Heflin spur trailhead where my car was parked, I was greeted by a dead battery....first truck that passed on the highway was able to jump me off, straight to AutoZone I went for a new battery before the 4 hour drive home. Overall, GREAT SECTION. No road walks, not even really a major road crossing that I recall. Plenty of water and several really nice tent spots.

Next trip will be a big moral boost, getting me less than 100 miles to the finish. Next trip is next month!
    Last edited by Gambit McCrae; 12-19-2023 at 09:45.
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Good stuff, Gambit. Enjoyed the report.

++ New Posts ++