Always in search of new long distance trails, I found the TCT about 3 years ago (right before the covid crap) and had planned and postponed our hike a few times. But we finally got to go. My friend Gary and I flew into Tbilisi Georgia, got a ride down to Armenia and did 2 sections of this awesome trail.
After the 1st 4 days, hiking in Dilijan NP to get acclimated (I live at sea level and the 2nd part of our journey was going to be up as high as 11,800') We got to meet Tom, the originator and endless worker and planner of the TCT. We talked to him for hours, mostly about the problems of access and route planning, the difficulty of getting maps to not only plan but go out and hike.
Anyway, it is a great trail, mostly in a country with great, friendly people, lots of sad history, churches (first country EVER to make Christianity their national religion!!) but, no trees! (not many anyway)
Another reason I chose this trail is that I've been fascinated with the ancient "Silk Road" and found out in the Gegham Mountain section of the TCT, we would find nomads who still wander these mountains, in search of grass for their livestock (sheep, goats, cattle, and horses), and live in yurts while doing so.
Well, we did find them, and they were GREAT! Always offering us water, and sometimes food and coffee/tea, etc.
They were so friendly.
I put together a 15 minute video of our trip and invite you all to see for yourself what this country's hiking is like.
Here is the youtube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVx28pejKYg