WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Post Appalachian Trail Hikers Interested in Hiking in a foreign Country

So, I had the opportunity to hike Masada in Israel last year and I thought that it would be a good experience to share with my Appalachian Trail family. My trip cost was mostly covered by sponsors with the exception of my food expenses. The trip included bicycling, hiking, and camping in the dessert. I think this is a great opportunity for the hiking community. There are very few requirements to meet. The age requirement is the hardest one for people to meet. Age restriction is ages 16-26. The other requirements can easily be met by anyone. If anyone in the trail community is interested, please message me or post your thoughts below.

Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

Do you know the reason(s) for the age restriction?

I have a long list of foreign treks i would like to make. But i far exceed the age limit above. I was reading the other day about trekking to the summit of Mt Sinai in Egypt. It is a very popular pilgrimage destination for people of several religions, but it sounds like an outstanding hike for the secular outdoor enthusiast as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye View Post
    Do you know the reason(s) for the age restriction?
    most likely it is a restriction placed by the sponsors. possibly the sponsor list from the hike the OP went on, or the organization hosting the hike, would reveal much about the purpose of the hike.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Images

Are the sponsors from foreign countries or just USA ?

If you don't fit the age group, don't feel left out. There are so many places to hike in Europe. I'm particularly fond of Italy with many great hikes. One favorite is a one day hike through Cinque Terre. Very picturesque. You hike the five small Italian towns along the Italian west coast. I hiked it a few years ago. If you want something longer there is the 3,800 mile Sentiero Italia. There are plenty of other hike in between.
    Trail Name - Slapshot
    "One step at a time."
    Blog - www.tonysadventure.com

++ New Posts ++