WhiteBlaze Pages 2022
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
$5 for printable PDF, AVAILABLE NOW. $9 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye View Post
    Don't see why not? You pour milk on your Cheerios... this way saves a step in the process. It's what I do when I want milk on my granola on trail, but I usually just eat it out of the bag dry.

To each his own!
    That’s pretty much what all the packaged backpacking granolas are; some powdered milk and granola. Perfectly delicious.

Images

I dump some powdered milk into my morning oatmeal, helps the flavor and adds calories.

1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill europeen muesli with two heapin' tablespoons of Nido. Add about 5oz hot water, stir and wait 2 minutes. Can add raisins or craisins as desired. Makes a big breakfast that really sticks for a while.

I used to eat 2 packets of Quaker instant oats and was hungry again 20 minutes later.

When I eat eggs, they're freeze dried. Powder doesn't work for me.
    UL, because nobody ever asks "How can I make my pack heavier?"

My breakfast for my Grand Canyon hike last April was oatmeal (traditional, not qiuck/instant) with powdered buttermilk (from King Arthur), maple suagr, salt, cinnamon. Pretty good. The buttermilk as a bit sour, but i had it the pantry and didn't want to buy a big jug of Nido just for a few tablespoons (our store only has family size containers). The other trick is i dont cook the oatmeal, but just add boiling water. Cooked oatmeal just turns into glue in my pot, and instant is just evil tasting. But old fashioned oats wit boiling water has a nice consistency and easy to clean.

One of my go to breakfasts on the trail is Nido with Captain Crunch. Good calories and almost as good as eating it with whole milk.
    Whether you think you can, or think you can't--you're right--Henry Ford; The Journey Is The Destination

Nido doesnt keep that well, in my experience is that it may not spoil but the taste gets "off" in the long term. Coffee creamer seems to last forever, I dont drink coffee and I think my creamer may be 20 years old.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++