WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Albany NY Airport to Lee, MA

Looking for shuttler near the Albany NY airport to take me to Berkshire Lodge east of Lee, MA on 1 Oct 22. Haven't got a ticket yet, but preparing nonetheless. Prefer shuttler near ALB due to airline delays lately. Include email if possible.

The shuttle list from the Whiteblaze guidebook is posted on the site.

https://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/art...2-shuttles.pdf

The shuttle listings also note whether the shuttle operator will go to airports, and bus and train terminals.

You could also ask the Berkshire Lodge where you are staying if they can recommend a shuttle operator in their area.

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

looks like you need a ride on a saturday. if it was a midweek day i might have been able to help out. you can try messaging me when the date gets closer though just in case.

Default Alb to Lee shuttle

Quote Originally Posted by smithjv View Post
    Looking for shuttler near the Albany NY airport to take me to Berkshire Lodge east of Lee, MA on 1 Oct 22. Haven't got a ticket yet, but preparing nonetheless. Prefer shuttler near ALB due to airline delays lately. Include email if possible.
    I'm free on Oct. 1 for your shuttle. Cost for one hiker is $75.

Thanks,

Vic LaPort
    Claksburg, MA

Journal Entries
    Images

I am looking to fly into Albany & need to know where the easiest TH to get to in southern Vermont is, so that I can head south to DWG. Will also need a shuttle to the TH from the Airport.

Thanks!
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

Journal Entries
    Images

Lightbulb May not need to pay for a shuttle

Best trailhead in Southern Vermont is Highway 9 just east of Bennington.

You can take a bus direct from Albany Airport to Bennington
    https://www.vttranslines.com/wp-cont...chedule-V5.pdf
    and even a free bus from Bennington to the trailhead.
    https://greenmountainexpress.com/emerald-line/

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
    Best trailhead in Southern Vermont is Highway 9 just east of Bennington.

You can take a bus direct from Albany Airport to Bennington
    https://www.vttranslines.com/wp-cont...chedule-V5.pdf
    and even a free bus from Bennington to the trailhead.
    https://greenmountainexpress.com/emerald-line/
    Excellent!! Thanks so much GoldenBear!!
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

I will be section hiking in late May NOBO from Vt. 9 East of Bennington after flying into Albany. I know I can get the bus, but my flight arrives early and I would rather get to the trail asap rather than wait for the first bus to Bennington.

Suggestions for shuttles from ALB to the trailhead east of Bennington? I looked at the list of shuttles but all seem like they would be starting a good hour away from the airport.

Images

Last fall I shuttled from ALB with Debbie out of Pittsfield, MA (on the shuttle list). She was reliable and reasonably priced. This was to Lee, MA but I think she does go to Bennington also.

The Catamount motel in Bennington does hiker shuttles to/from the Rt 9 trailhead but I don't think they go to the airport.
    It's all good in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Horned Frog View Post
    I will be section hiking in late May NOBO from Vt. 9 East of Bennington after flying into Albany. I know I can get the bus, but my flight arrives early and I would rather get to the trail asap rather than wait for the first bus to Bennington.

Suggestions for shuttles from ALB to the trailhead east of Bennington? I looked at the list of shuttles but all seem like they would be starting a good hour away from the airport.
    Makes sense that anyone near Bennington will be an hour from the airport (it's around 30 miles into Troy, then a few more across the river to Albany and the airport, but there is no "express" route for most of it - just a 2 lane VT Route 9 that becomes NY Route 7, and you go through the city of Troy which can have heavy traffic and 30MPH limits).

On the other hand, if you got someone from the Albany area to take you over, they'd have to drive home anyway, so either way their round trip will be similar in time/distance (and thus likely in cost), just depends if they are leaving earlier to get to you, or driving back after they drop you off.
    Probably not going to find much (if anyone) in between Troy and Bennington, as that area is fairly rural and not likely to be as popular for drivers for hire, no matter how they offer services (be they hiker specific shuttling or one of the various services that now exist for general ride sharing).

If it helps, you could fly to NYC and take the Greyhound bus to bennington, VT from NYC Port Authority or a bus service from Albany airport to NYC and then the bus to Vermont.

++ New Posts ++