WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default John Hardin SOBO FKT Attempt

There’s a dude from TN heading south on the AT. He’s supported and on day 3. Ended day 2 at ~105 miles. Unfortunately I can’t find any public tracking info and it appears the only way to get updates is through a private FB page that you have to donate to (any amount over 25 cents).

That kind of irks me, but it’s not my journey. Maybe I’m missing something and someone else can find the info. He did post on the FKT website, and they replied requesting his tracking info, but it isn’t updated on the website if it has been supplied.

Default Yeah, right😀

This guyhas no background to support this claim.

QUOTE=showtime_1;2295828]There’s a dude from TN heading south on the AT. He’s supported and on day 3. Ended day 2 at ~105 miles. Unfortunately I can’t find any public tracking info and it appears the only way to get updates is through a private FB page that you have to donate to (any amount over 25 cents).

That kind of irks me, but it’s not my journey. Maybe I’m missing something and someone else can find the info. He did post on the FKT website, and they replied requesting his tracking info, but it isn’t updated on the website if it has been supplied.[/QUOTE]

IMO Too much potential for tricky business without a clear instantaneous and public accounting of an attempt.

There was an interesting thread here following Jurek's fkt attempt six or seven years ago.
    In New Hampshire and Maine he often "forgot" his Spot device in the support van.
    The comments as it flew down back roads at 40 mph, or wandered in circles at intersections were hilarious.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

With Jurek there were numerous witnesses to exactly where he was throughout the day. So even when a little human error was involved, it was easy to back check.

late finish last night, really late start this morning. not lookin' good

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    late finish last night, really late start this morning. not lookin' good
    He's fallen a little behind my pace, but I encouraged him to not get so tied up in staying with me the first 18 days. I gave back about 2 full days of movement with some issues I had starting after Arden Valley Road in NY. If he keeps his **** together, he can make it up by default and still beat my time from 2016. He could even get under Stringbean's amazing unsupported time. Kristian "should" easily get under Stringbean, and John still has that chance. We could see the podium of the AT get shook up....other than King Sabbe.

Who is he? Stringbean’s unsupported is still the best of all. There shouldn’t even be a supported record in my opinoon.
    Last edited by k2basecamp; 07-05-2022 at 16:48.

I don’t know who he is, but I know Karl Meltzer is a trail running legend. And killer sled track designer. And he’s encouraging this Hardin guy and not you or me so he’s somebody!

Quote Originally Posted by chknfngrs View Post
    I don’t know who he is, but I know Karl Meltzer is a trail running legend. And killer sled track designer. And he’s encouraging this Hardin guy and not you or me so he’s somebody!
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Meltzer View Post
    Stringbean's amazing unsupported time.
    I was at Katahdin Stream when Stringbean came in.
    He took a few photos (w/sister, iirc) and then headed over to the Ranger's cabin to sign in as a NoBo thru-hiker before heading to the trailhead to sign the register before heading up.
    Fine example of the kind of behavior that other trail runners should emulate when in Baxter.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Images

Anybody have updates on Hardwin ? where is he now ??
    Moses is my 2012 Trail name and was given to me at Fontana Dam

He’s not too forthcoming with his tracking?

Anyone have any updates on this? He must have a track or something we can follow along?
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

you must pay to see his progress

Will this create an issue with pbakwin and co at fastest known time dot com?

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    you must pay to see his progress
    I will,, Not!!

Quote Originally Posted by chknfngrs View Post
    Will this create an issue with pbakwin and co at fastest known time dot com?
    Bawkin sold FKT dot com.

He could make the track available for free for the "powers that be" at FKT now. His attempt is on the site.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

either way it’s weird to have to pay, am I right? Visibility is legitimacy in the FKT arena

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++