WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default YouTube Hiking Videos

All,

I have been a fan of two successful YouTube bloggers. One is a young woman. The other is a mid thirties male. Both have published extensively. Both have pretty much hiked the US. Both have uploaded extensive gear reviews. While I look forward to the gear reviews, I find the videos of their travels to be pretty much the same thing over and over. Kinda like the opening of the Sound of Music.
    "Gee it is really great to be out here!". Sure is beautiful. "Well it is time to set up my tent and go to sleep.". Although I respect and trust they are videoing their travels, they could just as easily be recycling standard video over and over against the CDT, PCT, AT, etc.

Most of us have hiked a bit here and there. What I miss from these folks is the behind the scenes planning, logistics, etc. which leads up and includes the scenic videos and comments from these folks. These video bloggers have done their homework in order to hike the trail and provide a 15 minute glimpse of the journey. I sure wish they would share how they got there, what they had to do to prepare and execute the trip. I'd like to see videos of how they selected the hike, how they planned it, how they packed their gear, how they travelled there, etc.

Comments?

One reason probably is because they don't want the video to be too long and get boring. Most people probably prefer the shorter videos.

Journal Entries
    Images

"Jay Wonders Out", "Hiking Dancer", "Mischief on the trail" ( who is now on the Long Trail and is a bilateral amputee) . "Maybe Jessie Hikes" * The HEard Hiker" do a good job

Becca "Little Skittle" is doing a good on her current CDT hike

If you go back to their 1st set of videos, most will explain where they are going and why.

Enjoy!
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

Have you tried asking them ?

I got into following several of those V-bloggers this season. Most have intro videos with gear and planning before the hike. Once on the trail, it is pretty much rinse and repeat, but that's what thru hiking is, same thing day in and day out.

Pink Hotdog and Mushroom are entertaining, with Mushrooms "money shot of the day" exclamations. I found "Hawk" to be kind of annoying. I like "Hiking Dancer", she and her trailmily have a lot of fun.

One thing though, it's like these people are the only ones on the trail. Rarely do you see there are many, many other hikers around them. Once in a while you see shots of the many tents crowed into an area or overflowing shelters.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

There's plenty of gear selection and resupply planning videos for the major trails out there if you look.
    It is what it is.

Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

I followed the same Vloggers as Wornoutboots. Not really surprising that the videos are repetitive - that's hiking! Get up, eat breakfast, poop, walk, eat, walk, drink, walk, eat some more, walk some more, set up tent, eat, sleep, get up, eat breakfast.....

++ New Posts ++