WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default 100 Mile Widerness section hiking partners

I looking for hiking companions to do the 100 mile wilderness on the AT in Maine in 2 sections: about 30 plus miles in early July and the rest including Katahdin in early September. I’m an elder hiker and go at a very moderate pace. I have one companion for the September trip but we would like one or 2 more to join us. Would love to hear from a few folks interested.

Hi, 69 here for Conway NH. I am interested. I'm not a fast hiker but I have experience. Over the years I've managed to do the 4000 footers in New England along with the Long Trail in Vermont and the Cohos Trail in New Hampshire.

Rick

Hi Rick
    I live in Portland, I’m 67 and have done the NE 67 over the years. Just looking for capable hikers who don’t mind going at a slow to moderate pace. I have probably passed you in the Whites sometime and I bet we may have hiking companions in common. �� Just want to finish the AT in Maine. I have one other person interested in the July date and one for the September date. I have about a 20 mile section on Saddleback that I am hoping to get done soon. Anyway, I am looking at dates between July 5 and 10 to fit in the 30+ hike. I am going to check in with the other person today about dates - she appears flexible and then if you are still interested we can come up with a plan. Heck, next time I’m hiking in NH we may be able to meet up. Dates for September haven’t been set but we are looking at Sept 1 or very soon after. -Louise

Hi Louise,
    I'm flexible as to dates. I just need to give my boss enough advance notice so he doesn't have a heart attack. I drive a wheelchair van part time all over New Hampshire and southern Maine. I generally have the weekends off. Most likely we have passed by each other over the years. Meeting up would be good and it shouldn't be too difficult. We aren't that far apart from each other.

Hi, Rick,
    The other hiker and I are looking at July 6 thru the 9th - 4 days, 3 nights - to do about 33 miles from Monson (starting at the Pleasant St TH) and finishing on the KI road. Let me know if you are interested.

Hi Louse. I put in my request for the time off. It was not well received as 3 other drivers have also requested time off that week. I will keep you posted.

Rick

Popular week to be off - fingers crossed!

Hi Louise,
    Im going to have to pass on this hike. Boss just lost a driver Friday so there is no way I can possibly get any time off in the near future. I hope this trip works out well for you. Enjoy.

Rick

Sorry, Rick. Hope you still have an opportunity to be on the trail.

Thanks, I'm day hiking today up in Evans Notch. Hope you have a good trip.

Rick

Thanks, Rick!

Hey there,

I'm interested in this hike. Looking for some details. Getting in at KIW Rd? Expected number of nights out? Re-supply at Jo-Mary Rd? When do you plan to reserve a site at the Birches, or planning another site? Settled on dates yet?
    I'm an experienced AT section hiker. Have done that section some years ago, close to 20, which doesn't count for much except being that much older!
    My typical sections are 30-40 miles, though have done longer, just not in recent years, so some hesitancy there. Currently in section hike #2, NB, got out last week at NY 17A.
    Sorry for the third degree!
    Thanks!

Journal Entries
    Images

I am interested in the September part. I plan to hike for 2 to 4 weeks in late August into September, and am debating about where to go. I have completed the first 30 of the 100 mile wilderness, and would want to start from that point or earlier NOBO (and meet you at your point if further in). I did the 30 miles in 2019. I have 1070 miles done on the AT, since starting in 2014. I just did 25 miles in southern New Hampshire over 3 days, this past weekend. Thanks. (on easier parts, not Katahdin, I generally prefer to hike solo and meet up periodically, not hike in sync step by step) Please reply or message me if you are still looking for others.
    Just love being outside, not sure why. 765 AT miles done (2014-2018), many more to go.

Hello,
    This is my plan if you are interested:
    Get shuttled from Abol to the KIW rd and hike north. Not planning to do Katahdin now. Planning a food drop at Jo Mary. Start date is September 2, 8 days and 7 nights
    I live in Maine and I’m going to stay in Millinocket the night before at an inn
    Let me know what you think

Yes still looking for others. There is one other person going with me for sure. Plan is to be shuttled to the KIW rd from Abol with a food drop at Jo Mary. Not going to do Katahdin. Start date is Sept. 2, 8 days and 7 nights. I have no need to stay hiking together but I like to camp with others. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for getting back. Have decided to pass on this. Maybe next year.
    Have a great hike! God bless!

++ New Posts ++