WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tipi Walter View Post
    Attachment 49399
    This pic shows Mule Pen Gap on WP. The red line is coming in from Basin Gap on the old logging cut. The green line shows the actual Warrior's Passage trail entering the gap from an ATV trail above Rocky Branch Creek. The red line climbs the hill with this carsonite trailpost---

Attachment 49400
    So if you're standing in Mule Pen Gap it's easy to miss where WP trail leaves.
    Huh..I thought I followed your red line heading right off the picture but it dropped down, crossed a creek, and looped back and started moving in a northwest direction - the opposite way to Basin..

Great report as always. I envy you. I was on the PCT a month ago and sprained my ankle and then my ligament tore (loud pop) and that was the end of that. Seeing your pictures and reading your report makes me drool and wish I was out there.
    Trail Name - Slapshot
    "One step at a time."
    Blog - www.tonysadventure.com

Quote Originally Posted by Slugg View Post
    Huh..I thought I followed your red line heading right off the picture but it dropped down, crossed a creek, and looped back and started moving in a northwest direction - the opposite way to Basin..
    The old cut does cross a creek and does head northwest but then veers in the correct direction up to Basin Gap. Check out this map---without my yellow line---

Oh and don't confuse the power line clearcut with the old logging cut (numbered 126A on map).

The old cut does cross a creek and does head northwest but then veers in the correct direction up to Basin Gap. Check out this map---without my yellow line---

That clears it up, you’re a wealth of knowledge. Man if I’d have just stuck with it a few more minutes I would’ve figured it out. Next time!!

That clears it up, you’re a wealth of knowledge. Man if I’d have just stuck with it a few more minutes I would’ve figured it out. Next time!!

Quote Originally Posted by ldsailor View Post
    Great report as always. I envy you. I was on the PCT a month ago and sprained my ankle and then my ligament tore (loud pop) and that was the end of that. Seeing your pictures and reading your report makes me drool and wish I was out there.
    Your post reminds me of popping a ligament going up Mill Branch trail when I thought I stepped on a yellow jacket nest so I sprinted up the mountain with my heavy pack and heard a "Pop"! in my right calf and the pain threw me to the ground. If you press on the inside of your calf muscle it's a weird thingie by the bone. Painful of course. I still had 9 days left in the trip and the only way I could walk was sideways---with both feet pointed in the same direction 90 degrees off the trail. The trip continued! altho I looked like a crab.

It self healed in a couple months.

Your post reminds me of popping a ligament going up Mill Branch trail when I thought I stepped on a yellow jacket nest so I sprinted up the mountain with my heavy pack and heard a "Pop"! in my right calf and the pain threw me to the ground. If you press on the inside of your calf muscle it's a weird thingie by the bone. Painful of course. I still had 9 days left in the trip and the only way I could walk was sideways---with both feet pointed in the same direction 90 degrees off the trail. The trip continued! altho I looked like a crab.

It self healed in a couple months.
    Yeah, I'm hoping my injuty heals so I can go back at least for a LASH starting in the Sierra. I'm looking toward the end of July, which will give the ankle almost three months to mend.
    Trail Name - Slapshot
    "One step at a time."
    Blog - www.tonysadventure.com

Another great successful trip out with miss nature for the uncle fungus history and archive history museum. Thanks for sharing and you better watch them nightly incontinence you're gonna need patman to help you carry out all them depends .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++