Looks like my 2023 thruhike plans just got sunk.
I was planning for and very much looking forward to a spring '23 launch heading south from Katahdin to Springer. Now it looks to be shaping up as a '24 postponement.
legal proceedings were apparently winding down concerning the civil suit I am involved in. There was light at the end of the tunnel, or so I thought. Depositions have now concluded.
The night of Valentine's Day 2019 I was as a pedestrian hit by an SUV. The driver fled the scene leaving me laying on the shoulder for half an hour before an ambulance came. Security video on a nearby building established a timeline. Our hero was caught. Drunk. 0.19% BAC. He went to prison. I spent a month in a coma with skull fractures and multiple other serious injuries. Over three years now since then.
this is getting old. I asked one of my attorneys how much longer will it be before this finally gets wrapped up. "Eleven months, maybe 18". Certainly I understand this whole Caronapocalypse/Covid drama has slowed everything down but c'mon now! THREE YEARS! Now we are going for four?! Four and a half?!
The only positive aspect, if there is any positive aspect in any of this, is that I now have another full year to more throroughly plan out my stroll in the woods.

MM