I thought this may be of interest.

Breeze Airlines will be adding several cross-country non-stop flights into the White Plains/Westchester County Airport (HPN) during the summer through fall months in 2022.

HPN is a very small airport that is VERY easy to get in and out of and provides good access to the trail in the NY-CT area. You would need a car (rental, shuttle, taxi, UBER, etc) to get from the airport to the trail, but it has a lot of advantages over the NYC-area airports, and might be a good alternative for some over Bradley (Hartford-Springfield) in CT as well.

A short taxi ride to the White Plains Metronorth station and you can take the train directly to Pawling (or further north), where a shuttle into CT would be easy. The airport is also convenient for direct shuttle pickup/dropoff.

Not sure how the rates will compare, but right now it is looking like they will be reasonable/comparable. Maybe even some deals later this year as they open up these new routes, if you are thinking of a late summer/fall hike!

I flew out of HPN for my southern AT sections (via Atlanta, Tri-Cities & Roanoke airports). Rates were good, but it was during 2020 and 2021 when rates were depressed in general due to lower volume of passengers. The addition of flights/destinations might make HPN a viable option for more AT hikers.