WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

International Man of Mystery BobTheBuilder's Avatar
    Images

Default Trail Parking near Falls Village, CT

I'm doing a section in this area in a few weeks. Does anybody know the area well enough to suggest one trailhead parking area over another? Thanks in advance for any help on this.
    "Waning Gibbous" would be a great trail name.

If you planned to park overnight, your best bet is probably the AT lot that is right on the trail (trail literally goes through the lot) at ~ nobo mile 1493.1 (on RT 7 just north of intersection with RT 112).

There are other lots at Water St (mile 1495.2), and just north of the Falls (trail east at ~mile 1496.1, just a bit north on Housatonic River Rd from where the trail crosses) but the area can get overrun with day visitors and those lots may be marked as day use only (like a lot of places, there have been changes over the past couple of years with parking along Water St no longer allowed due to crowds, making these two lots the only legal parking for visiting the falls.)

I'd be happy to help if I'm available if you are in need of a ride(s). Find my contact info on the Shuttle Provider list at mile 1458.5.
    Enjoy your hike!

International Man of Mystery BobTheBuilder's Avatar
    Images

Perfect - thanks for the help!
    "Waning Gibbous" would be a great trail name.

++ New Posts ++