WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Marmot Pinnacle sleeping bag

Withdrawn

Marmot Pinnacle 15°(EN rated 10F lower limit)
    6', right zip, 800 fill power. Weight is 2.5lb/40oz
    PM here, or email me at:
    [email protected]
    ^^^also my PayPal address

As an exceptionally warm sleeper, this was way too much bag for me. I switched to quilts a few months after buying it, so it has seen <10 nights' use, maybe only 6.
    It would be "like new", except that some bumbling idiot(who looks a lot like me) got too close with the scissors when cutting the tags off and sliced the shell, plus knelt or sat on something that put a hole in it.
    Way heavy by UL standards, but lots of features-draft tubes, neck baffle, seriously overstuffed footbox. Great for car camping, or anyone not hugely concerned with weight.
    Always stored indoors in its cloth bag, never compressed longer than a day.
    See pics for the damaged spots, both patched with Tenacious Tape.

20220311_202813.jpg

20220311_202017.jpg

20220312_173755.jpg

20220312_173819.jpg

Cloth storage bag and S2S comression sack included:
    20220312_183824.jpg
    Last edited by OwenM; 03-22-2022 at 02:28.

I'm always on the lookout for scratch and dent gear for the scouts in our troop. Parents don't always have the money for new stuff. I'll put out feelers and see if anyone needs this.

Sent from my ASUS_I006D using Tapatalk

Appreciate it!

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.
    Images

Do you happen to know the difference between this bag and the Marmot helium?
    Give me a mile of trail and I can show you the forest. Give me a mile of runway and I can show you the world.
    Long Trail Completed 2021.
    Collegiate Loop 2022

Going from memory here, and the models changed over time, but I'll tell you what I know.

-The Helium made in the same time frame was lighter due to having less fill, no draft tube or neck baffle, and lighter shell material.
    -The Pinnacle had more down, thicker shell, the added features, was EN rated about 6F warmer, and ~6oz heavier overall.

-The Pinnacle was a warmer, more fully featured(draft tubes, baffle) version of the 800 fill 30F Arroyo and 40F Arete.
    -The Helium was a warmer equivalent of the 850 fill 30F Hydrogen and 40F Atom.

++ New Posts ++