WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Partners for approx 2 week section PA or VT-ME

Hi folks,

I love to hike and can go 15-18 miles on most of the AT once I get my 5 day trail legs, although I don't mind as little a 12 miles per day with good company. Two weeks is all I care to do at a time and have several sections I lack but only need to do one of them in 2022. I'm very flexible as to when. I enjoy even winter hiking south of the Potomoc. Not sure about mud season up north?? but summer to Oct would be fine to finish NH or Maine.

I lack all of MD-PA so I could do either south to Duncannon from Potomoc at Harpers Ferry or from Duncannon to NJ at DWGap. Then I lack from Lee, MA all the way to the ME border at Gorham, NH. So I could do half of this section but have not figured out where half-way would be, probably somewhere west of NH border in VT. Then my last section is the 100 mile wilderness. I am also considering walking that section on past Kathadin to the Canada border on the IAT as I should be able to do that in 2 weeks.

I realize that you don't really need a partner anyway unless you are going in winter or mud season when things are tough plus few others are out to give aid, but I always enjoy even solo hikes more when I can make friends at camp if not while walking. If you are newbie reading this and are not quite as confident of your skills, gear, etc., I don't mind helping out with planning and sharing stuff like emergency kit, maps, phone gps and charging, cooking gear, etc. Since I may go long stretches between checking this site, and I don't think I ever get notices, if interested it's best to contact me directly through my email (should be listed) or text tree three for 4 sevin see row tree sevin to too.

Edwin

I might be interested in NH and ME.

Images

A friend and I are planning to hike from Lee, MA north to Killington, VT in early Oct. PM if interested.

Hi Little Rock, and JNI64 as well,

How are you planning to get the the start and end points, Little Rock? I would fly to Albany, NY and then take 2 buses to get to Lee. That is how I exited my earlier section up to there. I have not looked yet to see what the options are getting to airport or Greyhound from Killington, VT. One other thing, if your friend is your "girl friend", that probably won't work with me as the 3rd wheel!

JNI, When would be your best time to hike? and will you fly or drive, so I can see the best way to meet up and get back home.

I sure will only do one trip so maybe JNI will you consider going with me next year. And if so would you start NH from Killington where Little Rock wants to stop or the 100 mile wilderness + to Canada border?

Just send replies to my e-mail so I won't have to keep checking this web site. [email protected]

Edwin

++ New Posts ++