WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Looks like a great deal for a cold weather bag/quilt

Found this therme bag on sale looks like a great deal

https://www.2gosystems.com/collectio...d-sleeping-bag

I doubt the temp rating�� No way I’d use that in the winter. You get what you pay for.

Even in the unlikely event that it lives up to its rating, 48oz for a UQ is extremely heavy. I'm thinking these are designed more for car campers.

HammockGear Incubator is about 26oz and is actually warm at its 0°F comfort rating.

Every time I see "hybrid" in a description my first thought is "a compromise that does nothing well." Also, if you're using it as a hammock underquilt you're still going to need a top quilt anyway, so you're going to carry 2 of these? And while the temperature range is great—assuming you believe the 30-0 claim—are you going to carry TWO bulky 3-lb quilts for 30 deg low ambient temps?

wordstew:
    Granted the preceding observations on the sleeping bag are valid. But, the other items 2go sells that incorporate thermal Tyvek are of note. I have experimented with several variations of thermal reflective fabric and 'fabric-like' very thin flexible repurposed materials, and it greatly retains warmth. Not speaking of Mylar though, which I do not recommend.

Images

Seems to me that it has enough down to do the job and is rated accordingly to its baffle dimensions. Then add in the reflective lining and it should be more than fine at zero. I think where I would lose confidence is in the breathability of that reflective layer, and lessons learned with reflectix and condensation making me wonder what would go on inside the loft.

Still too heavy, though, for anything but car camping, but for that use the price is right.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

++ New Posts ++