WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default All-paca Fleece hoody

Who has one? What do you think of it? Comfy enough for a base layer? Especially interested in women's experiences. How would you describe the fit and if you had to do it over would you get the same size?
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Can’t seem to find any weight info, so probably heavier than other choices?

Quote Originally Posted by gdwelker View Post
    Can’t seem to find any weight info, so probably heavier than other choices?
    XS is 8 oz. each size up is an additional ounce (for women) topping out at 12oz for an XL. Alpaca wool has the highest warmth per ounce factor.

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Images

Quote Originally Posted by One Half View Post
    XS is 8 oz. each size up is an additional ounce (for women) topping out at 12oz for an XL. Alpaca wool has the highest warmth per ounce factor.
    didn't know that \. I'll have to see what's available. bet it ain't cheep!

I have the Men's XL, it weighs 13.6 ounces, it may be a little itchy if worn as a base-layer if you have sensitive skin, but not as bad as wool, I usually wear an XL or even XXL and the XL fits nicely with some room, I also have a Fayettechill Hoodie but I like the Alpaca more, it is very comfortable as a mid-layer.
    The price was $153.00 but I got 10% off with the code WELCOME10, shipping was 9.07, if I ordered another one, I would get XL again, unless I lose some weight,
    Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeseph View Post
    I have the Men's XL, it weighs 13.6 ounces, it may be a little itchy if worn as a base-layer if you have sensitive skin, but not as bad as wool, I usually wear an XL or even XXL and the XL fits nicely with some room, I also have a Fayettechill Hoodie but I like the Alpaca more, it is very comfortable as a mid-layer.
    The price was $153.00 but I got 10% off with the code WELCOME10, shipping was 9.07, if I ordered another one, I would get XL again, unless I lose some weight,
    Hope this helps.
    That is helpful. Thank you.

Still looking for more of this from women though. As our bodies are obviously differently built.

Both my wife and I own them. I wear mine (XL) all the time as I tend to run warm. My wife, who tends to run on the cool side, said her's keeps her very comfortable. I purchased her's in small, her usual size, and she's been quite pleased with how it fits. Don't know if that's helpful but hopefully it is.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

PS - I've had mine since the company created them (4 years now???) and they wear like iron. It looks as good as the day I purchased it. I worked in a college outdoor program, now retired, and wore it quite often on trips. I've had no runs, rips or tears and it's become my go-to garment on most trips. It makes a nice pillow too!

Quote Originally Posted by pettas View Post
    Both my wife and I own them. I wear mine (XL) all the time as I tend to run warm. My wife, who tends to run on the cool side, said her's keeps her very comfortable. I purchased her's in small, her usual size, and she's been quite pleased with how it fits. Don't know if that's helpful but hopefully it is.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

PS - I've had mine since the company created them (4 years now???) and they wear like iron. It looks as good as the day I purchased it. I worked in a college outdoor program, now retired, and wore it quite often on trips. I've had no runs, rips or tears and it's become my go-to garment on most trips. It makes a nice pillow too!
    very helpful. thanks

I got one a few months ago. It's my favorite piece of clothing...I feel like I baby it too much, just because it was so expensive. But I LOVE wearing it and it looks good in town and on trail.

I actually bought one at Trail days!
    I mentioned it to my husband and he said "sounds like a great anniversary gift!"

So yeah, he bought me one. Haven't worn it much because I actually have not been hiking (and it's hot and humid) but it will definitely go on my next adventure! (oh, and I screwed up my knee so there's that slowing down my hiking)

++ New Posts ++