WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default looking for a guy named Bill (maybe)

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. This seemed like the most appropriate category.

There, was/maybe still is, a guy on here that went by the name Bill (something) or (something) Bill. He was a ubiquitous poster from what I remember. He authored a book. I had the book on kindle but I cannot seem to find it in my purchases. There was this excellent chapter on the story of a coyote. That specifically is why I'm trying to find it. I'd like to read it to my son. Ideally I'd like to purchase a hard copy from him.

It's a long shot, but if this rings a bell with anyone please let me know.

Thank you!!!

Journal Entries

Pretty sure it's this guy. Just Bill wrote Lying on the Trail. His profile page has a link to his book.

https://whiteblaze.net/forum/member.php/49133-Just-Bill

Sounds like Just Bill
    Trail Miles: 4,927.6
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 0.0
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

"Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Back in 2015 Just Bill sent me his book in the mail and told me since he reads all my trail journals for free I should get his book for free.

Trip 165 004-XL.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tipi Walter View Post
    Back in 2015 Just Bill sent me his book in the mail and told me since he reads all my trail journals for free I should get his book for free.

Trip 165 004-XL.jpg
    While I always felt he was someone who would never let the "truth" get in the way of a good story, he did tell some interesting ones. That is really neat that he shared his book with you for free for the reason given!

Hah! My name is Bill and I wrote a book about hiking a trail. No chapter on coyote though. Never saw one on the hike but heard them.

I believe Just Bill's real name is Bill Townsend. We're FB friends and he wrote an evaluation of my book on Amazon.

Weellll I happen to have me own copy, with a kind inscription inside I can say as well, and you may be close in the tellin' of his name as it is surely printed on the inside too. O' course the writer, and I quote his exact words mind ya, states "Everything in this book is a lie, ...". If'n you asked me, the name sounds a wee bit pretentious! Almost a setup with "legal name" precedin' it! Come to think of it, the inscription is a tad too kind...more the work of some honey-tongued liar.

That would surely be the link above for the book yer innnerested in and I ain't some marketing man blowing hot farts in your face.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Journal Entries
    Images

If it is Just Bill, last I heard, he was living on the Creeper Trail just outside the Damascus line on FS land? You could call Lumpy at MRO & he may know.
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

++ New Posts ++