WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Comers Creek Bridge

Is the bridge still out?

no. open for travel

Thanks. Conflicting info. out there. ATC still has alert posted that it is out.

https://appalachiantrail.org/trail-u...-comers-creek/

i shuttle a lot to dickey gap. the bridge is open. call the ATC. i doubt they'll know

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    i shuttle a lot to dickey gap. the bridge is open. call the ATC. i doubt they'll know
    I just crossed it last week on my flip flop. They removed the old bridge and revised the approach stairs, leaving some parts of the old bridge nearby.With low water it’s an easy rock hop. There’s a high water blue blaze that is just a short walk above and around.

To clarify: as of April 8, 2022, the bridge is NOT repaired, it is still out and signs for the high water bypass are posted.

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

A quick Google seems to indicate the "trail" across Comers Creek is "officially" open, but that the bridge is (permanently?) is gone and the creek must be crossed by fording.
    But the creek levels even during high water doesn't sound like they are not that bad (at least not as bad as some of the creek crossings I've seen in GSMNP after a big rain).

Quote Originally Posted by HooKooDooKu View Post
    A quick Google seems to indicate the "trail" across Comers Creek is "officially" open, but that the bridge is (permanently?) is gone and the creek must be crossed by fording.
    But the creek levels even during high water doesn't sound like they are not that bad (at least not as bad as some of the creek crossings I've seen in GSMNP after a big rain).
    I think it could be a problem after a high rain event, but from what I could see of the blue blaze it’s an easy up and down hill loop.

++ New Posts ++