WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: What the Ruck?

Images

Default What the Ruck?

Dipping my toe back into the backpacking waters (y'know -- the torrents during a good rain...), and I'm wondering where to go for any info on a PA or GA Ruck for 2022. Contemplating a 2-3 week hike, perhaps to end in great company, were such a thing possible. Anybody know?

sloetoe
    GA→ME'79

Not the Ruck on question.

Hi 'Toe!
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Images

Teej!
    So (by the paucity of your answer), might I then surmise that there *is* no PA Ruck or GA Ruck or huckychucky Ruck at all? Wah!

What used to be the PA Ruck is now referred to as the Northern Ruck and it is scheduled for this January at the Bears Den Hostel in northern Virginia. Mike Wingeart (Wing Heart) is again in charge. Here's a link. https://www.aldha.org/noruck

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Cookerhiker View Post
    What used to be the PA Ruck is now referred to as the Northern Ruck and it is scheduled for this January at the Bears Den Hostel in northern Virginia. Mike Wingeart (Wing Heart) is again in charge. Here's a link. https://www.aldha.org/noruck
    Hah! This looks PERFECT! I could use the Ruck not as a finish, but as a warm-up! Fresh trail intel, Tuckerization (which, of course, should *not* be needed, right? {"Yikes!"}, BEAR updates. (Been so long, 'es got to callin' it home...) AND a great place to park the car. Rockfish Gap is 141 miles, and would make an easy shuttle after the Ruck; two weeks at 10m/day, a hard week at 20m/day. (Gotta be thinkin' "Sneaux!"

Could it really be this easy???

Hmmmmm. Time for some maps?? Does Bears Den sell maps? Is there a solid local retailer nearby? Hmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by sloetoe View Post
    ...Hmmmmm. Time for some maps?? Does Bears Den sell maps? Is there a solid local retailer nearby? Hmmmmm.
    Bears Den is not far from Harpers Ferry, home of ATC HQ. They sell maps and books. Contact them for hours and info. through their website.

Hammock and Bicycle camping Crash's Avatar

I miss the PA Ruck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When the Trail calls you,
    its not on your cellphone!

Why no PA Ruck? The one at Ironmaster's Hostel was super!

++ New Posts ++