WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Looking for accommodations and shuttle Suches GA (sleep) to Neel Gap (shuttle)

My oldest son and I are section hiking the AT with Indiana friends the end of March. When we started in 2019, my youngest son went with us but pulled off the trail in Suches. A local drove us from Wolf Pen Gap Store to Mountain Crossings, then I called Mama's Taxi to shuttle him to a Greyhound terminal to go home.

In the process, I missed that section of the trail, from Suches to Mountain Crossings. Oldest son decided to join me in "making up" that section a few days before joining up with the rest of our friends to continue north further up the trail. Missing Blood Mountain was a bummer, but I wanted to get my boy home safe and sound.

Now I'm looking into accommodations in Suches for a place to stay Saturday, March 20th and someone to shuttle us to Mountain Crossings so we can slackpack back to Suches Sunday the 21st. Above the Clouds Hostel and every AirBNB I've looked at in Suches are full.

Anyone wanting to make the going rate for these services and have room and time available to help me complete my missed section?

Or you can flame me for waiting too long to make my reservations...

Either/or...

Jim

When you say you got off the trail at Suches, do you mean to say you got off at at Woody Gap? You might want to consider looking towards Dahlonega (about a 30 minute drive from Woody Gap.)

I have called Bret Eady (404-569-8776) for shuttles in that area. Reliable, super knowledgeable, super reasonable.
    fortis fortuna adjuvat

Above the Clouds hostel in Suches provides shuttles

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

Jeff Moon out of Blairsville is solid. Season’s Inn there is cheap and clean. Several interesting restaurants within a block or two. 706-994-2307.

Journal Entries
    Images

We pulled off at the road crossing in Suches, and walked to the gas station to make shuttle arrangements to get my son off the trail. That's where I want to pick up again. We may not be able to stay at Above the Clouds, but may be able to use them as a shuttle. Heck, I don't mind hiking a mile up into the hills and string up my hammock.

++ New Posts ++