WhiteBlaze Pages
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
$10 for printed copy(paperback). $6 for interactive PDF. $2 for printable PDF.
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21
    Registered User ChrisMek's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-08-2015
    Location
    Hewitt, New Jersey
    Age
    51
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeartFire View Post
    Speaking of Guthook - is anyone else having trouble? I don't get the GPS location on the elevation side of the map. it shows my location on the maps just not the elevation. I recently got a new phone which is when it started happening (Iphone 13pro max). I've emailed them, but so far no help.

    I am having trouble, but not with the App on my phone. That seems to be working just fine for me. I just can't seem to log in to use the We App. After several emails with support, I still can't get in using the same log in info as the phone app. I have followed all their suggestions, even changing my username and still nothing.

    One of my original gripes with guthook was that there wasn't a website to use fro planning purposes. Now that there is, I can't use it. So close, but still out of reach for me!

    Anyone else having this problem?
    Trail Name: Gadget
    Completed:
    NJ - 2016
    NY- 2017
    CT - 2018
    PA, DWG to Pt Clinton - 2019
    NJ (Again) - 2020

    Planned:
    PA, Pt Clinton to Duncannon - 2021
    PA, Duncannon to Pen-Mar - 2022

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMek View Post
    One of my original gripes with guthook was that there wasn't a website to use fro planning purposes. Now that there is, I can't use it. So close, but still out of reach for me!

    Anyone else having this problem?
    I can't figure it out either. You are not alone.

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMek View Post
    I am having trouble, but not with the App on my phone. That seems to be working just fine for me. I just can't seem to log in to use the We App. After several emails with support, I still can't get in using the same log in info as the phone app. I have followed all their suggestions, even changing my username and still nothing.

    One of my original gripes with guthook was that there wasn't a website to use fro planning purposes. Now that there is, I can't use it. So close, but still out of reach for me!

    Anyone else having this problem?

    I'm using the Web Site, which I never did before. So it was a "New" signup. All but ONE of my purchased trails showed up. I've had a few emails back and forth to try and resolve it. I'm being careful in every email to say the IPHONE APP, is just fine, all trails showing up. It's the Web that won't show one of the trails I purchased. What I find interesting is that it was the very first trail I purchased on the Phone app. Purchased back in 2016. SO I suspect it was some "lost in translation" issue, perhaps some years back. they did send very detailed instructions of how to open the IPHONE Store, Logon, scroll here, click that, click again, scroll to find where......yep, shows "You Purchased Trail X on MM/DD/YYYY". I've not checked today to see if the web is resolved. I hope it is. But what I didn't want messed up was the IPHONE maps! Those are what I need while hiking! Not a laptop and a website.

    They've been very responsive and detailed in their emails and I'm sure it will be resolved.

    Personally, I've decided to head over to the Hobby store, buy some 1968 Love Beads, string those and they now MUST go with me while hiking so when I'm looking at my IPHONE Map, I'll touch the beads and proclaim "FAR OUT!" to everyone around.
    For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away Bryan Adams....
    Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes. - sargevining on HF

  4. #24
    Registered User ChrisMek's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-08-2015
    Location
    Hewitt, New Jersey
    Age
    51
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhjanes View Post
    I'm using the Web Site, which I never did before. So it was a "New" signup. All but ONE of my purchased trails showed up. I've had a few emails back and forth to try and resolve it. I'm being careful in every email to say the IPHONE APP, is just fine, all trails showing up. It's the Web that won't show one of the trails I purchased. What I find interesting is that it was the very first trail I purchased on the Phone app. Purchased back in 2016. SO I suspect it was some "lost in translation" issue, perhaps some years back. they did send very detailed instructions of how to open the IPHONE Store, Logon, scroll here, click that, click again, scroll to find where......yep, shows "You Purchased Trail X on MM/DD/YYYY". I've not checked today to see if the web is resolved. I hope it is. But what I didn't want messed up was the IPHONE maps! Those are what I need while hiking! Not a laptop and a website.

    They've been very responsive and detailed in their emails and I'm sure it will be resolved.

    Personally, I've decided to head over to the Hobby store, buy some 1968 Love Beads, string those and they now MUST go with me while hiking so when I'm looking at my IPHONE Map, I'll touch the beads and proclaim "FAR OUT!" to everyone around.

    I find that customer support is pretty responsive.

    My problem is not with my purchases. I can log in with my iPhone, everything works great, as it always has. When I try to log in on the website, it says invalid username or Password. I've even changed my Username (per their request) to something without special characters. Still nothing. My last correspondence was:

    "​Our App Engineers are still working on this, there are some back end issues they are fixing"

    I'm excited for the Web App because it is going to make planning my next section so much easier than doing it on my Phone>

    So for now, I wait patiently.

    Have fun with your Beads! ... I wonder if REI sells Bell Bottom Hiking pants...
    Trail Name: Gadget
    Completed:
    NJ - 2016
    NY- 2017
    CT - 2018
    PA, DWG to Pt Clinton - 2019
    NJ (Again) - 2020

    Planned:
    PA, Pt Clinton to Duncannon - 2021
    PA, Duncannon to Pen-Mar - 2022

  5. #25

    Default

    I got another email today of step-by-step things to try. I didn't feel very comfortable about a few of the steps. But their advice made me try something. I usually use Firefox which didn't show just one of my purchased trails. I logged off, closed Firefox. Opened Chrome and then FarOutGuides, logged on and there was the missing trail! I logged off and closed Chrome. Opened Firefox, got to the web site and logged on and there was the missing trail. I let the know I'd NOT followed their steps and instead did the "different browser" steps and everything was working. They replied that they HAD "pushed out some changes on the web and app".......So I'm actually thinking their changes, made my missing trail appear. I'd NOT looked before I switched browser.

    Yes, they are responsive. I'm sure they were slammed with issues over this change.
    Glad they resolved my issue and hope they get the other issues resolved
    For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away Bryan Adams....
    Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes. - sargevining on HF

  6. #26
    AT 11,000 Miler
    Join Date
    01-06-2003
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    369
    Images
    1

    Default

    We apologize for the inconvenience as it looks like there is a complicated account transfer issue the App Engineers are working on in the backend for the Web App. It is going to take some time to find a fix for it.

    In the mean time you may try these steps:

    1. Clear your browser history and cache for the last week
    2. Close the Web browser
    3. Open a new web browser
    4. Try singing back into the web app with our username and password (if that doesn't work use your email and password)
    I had a problem logging into the web app too. They suggested I sing. I love singing but it didn't work. Perhaps I had the wrong key?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •