WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default FS: zPacks Altaplex and zPacks Carbon Fiber Staff

I purchased a zPacks Altaplex early this year with an intention to use it for several longer hikes in 2021. However, family considerations have made it impossible for me to go on longer hikes and that's probably going to be the case for some time. For overnights in the near term, I will get by with my old tent. When I can again do long distance backpacking, I will buy a new tent based on the latest and greatest at that time (possibly the newly released zPacks Duplex XL for taller hikers - be sure to check out the Duplex XL if you're interested in the Altaplex mainly because you are tall.)

This Altaplex has been set up once in a local park to test it out, and I got inside to test the length (seemed spacious for me at 6'1"). Otherwise, it has never been used. Tent is in perfect shape. Some of the guy line loops do have a tiny bit of dirt on them (see picture) but the tent itself is clean. No stakes included. More information on the Altaplex tent can be found at the zPacks website at https://zpacks.com/products/altaplex-tent. Asking price for the Altaplex: $560 shipped USPS Priority Mail. PayPal or Venmo personal transfer only.

At the same time I purchased the Altaplex, I purchased a zPacks ultralight carbon fiber staff. This staff is the exact size to fit the Altaplex and seems far more sturdy than using a trekking pole with an extension piece. I have used this staff on a few local day hikes and my guess is that I have put less than 25 miles on it. See the pictures of the tip which has a little dirt on it but is otherwise in original shape. Note that the staff came new from zPacks with some tape on it, I did not add the tape to the staff. BONUS: A zPacks XL Tent Pole stuff sack is included - a $12 value - a perfect size for the staff and this is not included when you buy it from zPacks. More information on the carbon fiber staff can be found at the zPacks website at https://zpacks.com/products/carbon-fiber-staff. Asking price for the Carbon Fiber Staff: $100 shipped USPS Priority Mail. PayPal or Venmo personal transfer only.

I would prefer to sell both the staff and the tent together but am willing to sell separately. However, I will not sell the staff without first selling the tent.

532704F3-3D6E-45D2-A8AD-248DEAF269C0.jpegFA5B43AC-F7F1-4E3E-9762-BEC0BC957312.jpegIMG_1152.jpgIMG_1153.jpgIMG_1150.jpgIMG_1151.jpg

I wrote a post for first impressions of the staff shortly after I got it. Might be useful:
    https://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/sho...st-Impressions

Bump ... Not sold yet.

However, in the interests of full disclosure, if you're interested in the Altaplex, zPacks announced a $50 off sale on plex tents for December 4, so that would bring it down to $575 from zPacks new.

I'm not really inclined to cut my asking price too much since the tent is new. I might just keep it but I don't know when I'm going to be able to actually use it.

Still available? I just sent you a PM.

I’m closing this thread b/c I decided to hang on to the tent. ZPacks has increased prices quite a bit so I think I’m better of keeping it in case I’m somehow able to do a longer trip this year. Thanks to everyone who looked/responded.

++ New Posts ++