WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Anybody have experience with ZPacks Arc Air 50L pack?

Does anyone own the new ZPacks Air Air 50L pack, either in Robic or DCF, with the new pre-curved stays? I'm wondering how they work without the trampoline mesh featured in their other Arc packs. Thanks in advance for any info.
    Long-distance aspirations with short-distance feet.... :jump

my arc air robic is on the way. Might have it as early as Monday!!! No experience with zpacks backpacks yet
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Images

Quote Originally Posted by One Half View Post
    my arc air robic is on the way. Might have it as early as Monday!!! No experience with zpacks backpacks yet
    Excellent! Can't wait to hear your assessment, if you are willing to do a little Show 'N Tell....
    Long-distance aspirations with short-distance feet.... :jump

Quote Originally Posted by foodbag View Post
    Does anyone own the new ZPacks Air Air 50L pack, either in Robic or DCF, with the new pre-curved stays? I'm wondering how they work without the trampoline mesh featured in their other Arc packs. Thanks in advance for any info.
    I have one in Robic and really like it. I've been using it for over a year now, so it's not really that new.

I'm not into writing reviews so I'll link you this one by Section Hiker, with whom I agree on most all points.

Two personal notes:

1) When Zpacks did the sorely needed hip belt re-design that started with the Arc Haul, I found I needed the supplemental lumbar pad... without it, that lower crossbar caused me serious back pain in no time flat. About half the people who use these packs need the lumbar pad, and about half don't.

2) I don't like the method that uses two buckles to secure the roll-top closure, which also integrates the pack compression feature; I always liked the single buckle in the middle, so I modded mine by clipping in the top middle, then routed the cords thru the grosgrain loops to make the compression feature separate. Those cords also secure things like tall Smartwater bottles or larger Evernew water bladders.

I have arc air robic, one stay failed on second day of first hike with it. Zpacks quickly repaired it and I haven’t really tested it too much since. The arch seems fine without the mesh and all that.

++ New Posts ++