WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: AT in NJ

Default AT in NJ

I plan on doing a day hike starting at High Point State Park HQ and going north. Does anyone know if I could get picked up on Liberty Corners Road at mile marker 1352.6 or Louemma Lane at 1355.2? Thanks

I'm sure you could, just arrange it with your shuttle driver.
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Go to the WB home page and click on "Shuttle Providers".
    162 shuttles available, at last count.
    Contact one of them and ask.

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

I did that exact same hike last January. I used Mosey for a shuttle. She is awesome and should be in the shuttle list. Leave your car at the hiker lot which is 0.2 from the High Point visitor center. There is a short blue blaze trail between the parking and the AT. She could drop you off either location. I chose Liberty Corners road because it was winter and the days were short. You will see lots of swans.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_zavocki View Post
    I did that exact same hike last January. I used Mosey for a shuttle. She is awesome and should be in the shuttle list. Leave your car at the hiker lot which is 0.2 from the High Point visitor center. There is a short blue blaze trail between the parking and the AT. She could drop you off either location. I chose Liberty Corners road because it was winter and the days were short. You will see lots of swans.
    +1 for Mosey. Picked me up in 17' at highpoint for hostel stay
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

I'm not asking about shuttles, I'm asking if a car pick up is possible at those two spots...meaning I can get picked up without me or the driver getting killed.

Quote Originally Posted by spfleisig View Post
    I'm not asking about shuttles, I'm asking if a car pick up is possible at those two spots...meaning I can get picked up without me or the driver getting killed.
    I don't see why not. Liberty Corners Road has no parking, but I think you could pull to the shoulder for a quick drop off. Check google maps. It doesn't seem like a super busy road, but people go fast on country roads. Also check here: http://rohland.homedns.org:8008/at/at_menu.aspx

I don't think that Liberty Corners is a good place for a car to wait for a pickup.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by spfleisig View Post
    I plan on doing a day hike starting at High Point State Park HQ and going north. Does anyone know if I could get picked up on Liberty Corners Road at mile marker 1352.6 or Louemma Lane at 1355.2? Thanks
    Most likely yes to Liberty Corners Road. The other one I'm not sure, it's a private gravel road. Though I don't see why you'd want to be picked up there when there's a paved road 0.6 mile north.
    It's all good in the woods.

There's a pull off gravel parking area at Glenwood Rd. There's actually a car parked there in the Google Street view. Street view shows a little bit of a spot to stop at Liberty Corners.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

++ New Posts ++