WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Georgia Parking

Default Georgia Parking

Hello. I am hearing that there have been some breakins and vandalism at the parking areas in Georgia. Anyone have info, stories, any isssues. TIA

Also, any shuttles that can be called with little notice? Not sure when or where will be to set up a schedule. Thanks !
    Just ignore it

Look up the Further Shuttle with Don and Mary Ballard. They are always super quick to respond, and if they can't make it, they will still respond and give you an alternative shuttle driver to contact. I also hear Ron Brown is top notch, but I've had no personal experience with him. My friend had his fog lights stolen off his Jeep at Unicoi Gap during mid-week a couple years ago. I've left rental cars at Woody Gap, Unicoi, Dick's Creek, Rock Gap, Winding Stair Picnic area and Hogpen Gap for several days without issue. I'd say it's mostly safe, but ain't nothin guaranteed.

Parking on highways like dicks or unicoi gap have had a lot of issues, break ins and catalytic converters are the issues. Parking at the remote gaps is better.

++ New Posts ++