WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

I live a few miles from where he was found and my county job took me all over this area. He had help and lots of sympathetic folks in his corner. Every local will tell you that.

Quote Originally Posted by daddytwosticks View Post
    I live a few miles from where he was found and my county job took me all over this area. He had help and lots of sympathetic folks in his corner. Every local will tell you that.
    Concerning Eric Rudolph...

Anybody making book on a capture date? Put me down for Oct 5.
    " 6 bucks and my left nut says we're not going to be landing in Chicago" Del Griffith

I suspect the only way he'll be found is by someone recognizing him and drastically narrowing down the search. If there weren't so many images of him available, I was going to bet next year to years before he's found if ever. As it is, I'll still bet next year. He already appears well out of range of any local searching that can be done. He's apparently perfectly capable of taking care of himself in remote areas providing minimal necessary contact with people. If he's gotten a head start from his parents with some money and misdirection, he's gone. If he can stay completely out of peoples way for a couple months (he may well have the skills and resources to do so) until this media frenzy is over and his image isn't on everyone's mind, he might stay away pretty well.

If he was the abusive manipulative partner that is being speculated on, I suspect that personality type might not do so well all alone for the long run. I suspect loneliness and/or arrogance might be the triggers to his demise, sorta speak.
    I'm not lost. I'm exploring.

Quote Originally Posted by atraildreamer View Post
    It is called "aiding & abetting" and is seriously frowned upon by the legal system.
    Not a crime until he had been accused of a crime. Hence the term "person of interest" which has no legal significance. At the time he disappeared the body had not been found and this was technology a missing persons case. You can't be charged for aiding a criminal for actions taken before there was evidence of a crime. A similar standard applies to evidence. Our university lawyers had a training session for unit heads where they told us to keep no records and shred every. They said if you shred a document AFTER the FBI asks for it, it's called obstruction of justice. BEFORE, it's called good record keeping.

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedbuzzard View Post
    Contemplating the pack weight of bling, hair care/makeup products, and cameras needed for a Dog manhunt on the AT. "We're gonna need a bigger pack!"
    Yeah right, he would need a whole entourage of folks like camera people, make up,hair a tanning bed etc. And can you see him chasing someone through the woods with his slick boots and chains swinging and that big beautiful mane of hair getting caught on everything.
    He did say he wanted this guy sometime in November before his birthday ( the fugitive).

There is a lot of speculation from media and folks online that he is on the Appalachian Trail, possibly heading to Canada. Lots of references to the survival skills he gained on the AT. If only they knew what the AT was really like If he were on the trail he'd have been found after the first day. He may very well be in the woods somewhere, but he's not on the AT!
    It is what it is.

I just seen a interview with John Walsh you know from America's most wanted and seems to think the parents helped him by driving him to the panhandle of Florida and then all he had to do was make his way across Alabama to the Mexican border.

That gave him a 9 day lead if that's the case he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by JNI64 View Post
    I just seen a interview with John Walsh you know from America's most wanted and seems to think the parents helped him by driving him to the panhandle of Florida and then all he had to do was make his way across Alabama to the Mexican border.
    I didn’t know Alabama bordered Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by gpburdelljr View Post
    I didn’t know Alabama bordered Mexico.
    No, he "just has to go ACROSS Alabama", which gets you to Mississippi. Then you just have to cross Mississippi to Louisiana. Then you just have to cross Louisiana to Texas. From there you can get a bus to Ohio where you can get a boat to cross into Canada.

Is it raining yet?
    Images

Missing people almost always seem to be found very close to their last known whereabouts. So while he SHOULD have headed for Mexico, he's probably w/in 10 miles of his parents' home. He's wherever that missing camper is.....
    Be Prepared

Images

The hard part about disappearing is not so much physically hiding. He's an average looking guy and masks are in vogue right now. He's already likely growing out his hair which will change his appearance as well, as would a pair of glasses, etc. The best pace to hide is not on a trail where people think you might be, or trying to flee to Mexico, it's in plain sight with plenty of other guys that look a lot like you. Cities fit that description. The hard part then is getting money for food and shelter. Robbery and shoplifting are risky, off the books jobs only go so far, and people at some point want to see ID of some sorts. So he at some point needs I-9 identity documents - a Driver License and SS card so he can get a job. He can probably buy those in cities with large populations of "undocumented immigrants" (Miami, or New York, or ??? anyone?). Photoshop and color printers do an amazing job. They won't pass muster if checked by law enforcement, but they're plenty good enough to fool an employer, and it solves the I-9 problem. Law enforcement likely have lifted his prints, so he has to be careful not to get picked up for something stupid where they run his prints. But once he gets past the documents part, if he wants to be, Dick Kimble could be hard to find unless he slips up. There's lots of jobs available right now, and employers aren't looking for reasons to turn away people who want to work.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Frankly, I'm not sure why everyone is assuming he is still alive.

everyone is presumed still alive unless we have a body

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Man Out View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by trailmercury View Post
    everyone is presumed still alive unless we have a body
    Ah, the old Schrodinger's fugitive quandary. We should advise Dog to look for him in the quantum state.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Man Out View Post
    If he really did go into that Florida swamp (which I kind of doubt) he may have been converted into gator poop.
    If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.

The hard part about disappearing is not so much physically hiding. He's an average looking guy and masks are in vogue right now. He's already likely growing out his hair which will change his appearance as well, as would a pair of glasses, etc. The best pace to hide is not on a trail where people think you might be, or trying to flee to Mexico, it's in plain sight with plenty of other guys that look a lot like you. Cities fit that description. The hard part then is getting money for food and shelter. Robbery and shoplifting are risky, off the books jobs only go so far, and people at some point want to see ID of some sorts. So he at some point needs I-9 identity documents - a Driver License and SS card so he can get a job. He can probably buy those in cities with large populations of "undocumented immigrants" (Miami, or New York, or ??? anyone?). Photoshop and color printers do an amazing job. They won't pass muster if checked by law enforcement, but they're plenty good enough to fool an employer, and it solves the I-9 problem. Law enforcement likely have lifted his prints, so he has to be careful not to get picked up for something stupid where they run his prints. But once he gets past the documents part, if he wants to be, Dick Kimble could be hard to find unless he slips up. There's lots of jobs available right now, and employers aren't looking for reasons to turn away people who want to work.
    But we all knew Kimball was innocent.

And now with Dog on the scene it's just a matter of time.....

4eyedbuzzard, I know you are really intelligent from your other post, but it appears you might know a little too much about how to do this.
    The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
    Richard Ewell, CSA General

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBob View Post
    If he really did go into that Florida swamp (which I kind of doubt) he may have been converted into gator poop.

Converted into Gator poop. Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++