WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Is it raining yet?
    Images

I ordered 2 bottles from Litesmith & it took all of 3 days to get them in. One is a 2 oz Nalgene bottle & the other a 2oz PET bottle. Both have screw off tops (there are other options like flip top). The mini Nalgene is tough to squeeze & so prob safe for a travel liquid.

Litesmith is a great supplier. Great recommendation thanks.
    Be Prepared

I've bought a lot of stuff from US Plastics for different sports including plastic tubing to make ultralight fly rod holders for backcountry fishing. It's a great source.

Default I found a source for misc bottles! OMG!

I use an empty 12 oz Sprite bottle. Used a Sharpie marker to put a warning on it so nobody takes a swig. You can find one on the side of the road for free.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioHiker View Post
    A little backstory, I use a alcohol stove and carry my fuel in a Vargo Fuel Bottle. It is 8oz capacity. It works out well for me but I wish I had slightly more capacity, 12-16oz?

Anyhow I was googling around and found this plastic company that makes must be thousands of different bottles! its mind blowing! I wanted to share, it might help someone looking for a very specific bottle. and they are located in Ohio.

https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/de...d=homepagetile
    I didn't see this thread when you first posted. They do have a fantastic selection! It was like the McMaster-Carr for plastics. I'm certainly a proponent of reusing what one can find, but sometimes you just can't find what you want specifically or can't trust what was in the container previously. They have round bottles and oval bottles and oblong bottles and square bottles. And tottles and tubes! Woozy bottles!! Water enhancer bottles. Large size SMART BOTTLE (collapsible, 1, 2.5, and 5 gallon <$10).
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Zone View Post
    At Walmart you can buy a bottle's worth of wine split into 4 small plastic bottles. It works out to be 6.34 oz each. They have metal (aluminum probably) screw-on caps, and don't leak. Good for fuel. The OP wanted something larger, so I'd suggest checking at a liquor store for similar bottle design in the desired ounce range. There was a time you could get beer in plastic bottles too - I think the target market was for beachgoers, so as to avoid risks to bare feet of broken glass and sharp/thin metal. IDK if any breweries still bottle their beer that way though. Availability might depend on where you live. But those would more likely be in the 12-16 oz range.
    Beer sized plastic bottles can be had from some homebrewing stores potentially not singles though.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCloud View Post
    An O-ring would be ideal. Never heard of Litesmith. Looks like they have some viable options. THX.
    If you every need o-rings, Amazon sells boxes of mixed sizes which is often a much better deal than specific sizes and kills the guesswork. (They use a numbering system for some o-rings but not the exact dimensions.) I've seen mixed size boxes at Harbor Freight too, I'm sure there are other sellers as well. I've got a box of about 20+ sizes in food grade material that was only about $10. Comes in handy when something is leaking.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++