WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Vermont

Images

Default Vermont

My buddy and I are flying into Burlington VT on 9/11 and need a shuttle to Gifford Woods State Park but are having trouble finding someone. Does anyone know someone in that area that isn't on the shuttle list? Thanks
    Section hiker on the 20 year plan - 2,078 miles and counting!

There's a Marble Valley Regional Transit bus out of Burlington to Rutland at 1:30 pm. It may be the only local transit bus of the day that way, $18, 1 hour 55 minutes.

Also, two Greyhound runs from Burlington to Rutland, one is early at 7:07 am and one afternoon at 3:27 pm, both $18. 1hr 54m.

It's 11 miles from Rutland to Gifford Woods.

If you were to fly to Albany instead and the plane arrival lined up, there's a train to Rutland.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

What time is your flight scheduled to arrive?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye View Post
    What time is your flight scheduled to arrive?
    We are supposed to arrive in Burlington at 12:12pm which would allow us to catch the 1:30 bus. The problem is we need to mail our duffel bag to the hotel we are staying at at the end of the trip so we can use it again. We usually do this along with a change of clean clothes to fly home in. If we take the bus to Rutland I cannot find a PO or UPS store that will be open when we arrive because it is Saturday.

I have been checking Uber and it looks like it will run us around $140 bucks which wouldn't be much different than a shuttle so we might just do that.

Quote Originally Posted by hikernutcasey View Post
    We are supposed to arrive in Burlington at 12:12pm which would allow us to catch the 1:30 bus. The problem is we need to mail our duffel bag to the hotel we are staying at at the end of the trip so we can use it again. We usually do this along with a change of clean clothes to fly home in. If we take the bus to Rutland I cannot find a PO or UPS store that will be open when we arrive because it is Saturday.

I have been checking Uber and it looks like it will run us around $140 bucks which wouldn't be much different than a shuttle so we might just do that.
    Advance Auto sometimes serves as a UPS dropoff. In Rutland, if you search Google nearby a UPS Access Point shows up and it is an Advance Auto. I dropped a box formerly used to ship an air conditioner at my Advance Auto so I don't think there are any size issues like the dropoff (mail collection size) boxes have. Usually the mailed boxes have to be small on those as the slot is small.

This one says it is open until 6 pm on Saturdays. I've used the one by me twice and both times the box already had a prepaid mailing label. Not sure if they can do that there like A UPS store does.

UPS Access Point®

Address

127 STRONGS AVE
    RUTLAND, VT 05701

Located Inside
    Advance Auto Parts

Contact Us
    (802) 773-4711
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Alligator View Post
    Advance Auto sometimes serves as a UPS dropoff. In Rutland, if you search Google nearby a UPS Access Point shows up and it is an Advance Auto. I dropped a box formerly used to ship an air conditioner at my Advance Auto so I don't think there are any size issues like the dropoff (mail collection size) boxes have. Usually the mailed boxes have to be small on those as the slot is small.

This one says it is open until 6 pm on Saturdays. I've used the one by me twice and both times the box already had a prepaid mailing label. Not sure if they can do that there like A UPS store does.

UPS Access Point®

Address

127 STRONGS AVE
    RUTLAND, VT 05701

Located Inside
    Advance Auto Parts

Contact Us
    (802) 773-4711
    Thanks I'll look into this!

Keep in mind that uber has become very unreliable since the pandemic, even in more populated areas.

Also, if you do wind up using some type of individual shuttle, you might be able to ask them to take care of the shipping for you. Probably not the normal, but if you explained what you needed there would be a chance someone would be willing to do it (especially if you had everything needed and left it unpacked, so they know there is nothing that will get them in trouble).

++ New Posts ++