Thread: Chester

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Chester

I'll be wrapping up a hike in late September early October in Chester. Looking for the best transportation to the Reno airport. Also cool places to eat/visit/stay while in Chester post-hike for a day or two. Thanks!
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

Plumas county Transportation has a bus that goes between Quincy and Chester. In Quincy transfer to another PCT bus listed as a senior bus but that is never full and open to anyone to ride taking you to Reno. If you can get from Quincy(a great health food store w daily baked goods, sandwiches, bulk bins, etc, acroos teh street from the large chain grocery store) to Truckee you can also pick up the GHound going to Reno.

Cedar Lodge Motel in Chester caters to the PCT crowd. I've stayed there three times. Great owner. There was a hiker hostel at the Best Western but my info is 10 yrs dated. They were merely rooms set aside for hikers but more plush than Cedar Lodge.
    Pizza Factory makes great pies. Lake Almanor is supposedly a good fishing hole. There are trails to Lassen NP from Chester other than the PCT. I've seen and talked to Chuck Norris in Chester twice. He advocates for health, a disciplined lifestyle, and organic produce.

Journal Entries
    Images

Thanks Dogwood! Much Appreciated!! I'm planning on hitting Quincy as well since I am heading nobo.
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

++ New Posts ++