WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Images

looks like he is at jo mary road for the night ...around 56 miles left
    Moses is my 2012 Trail name and was given to me at Fontana Dam

this is still an incredible run
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Quote Originally Posted by One Half View Post
    this is still an incredible run
    Oh hell yeah!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    A small point, or maybe more of a question: the Legends Tracking thing that is linked to this post has total mileage at approx. 2125. 2022 WB mileage is 2194, or approx. 70 miles more than shown on this tracker. Something's off.
    probably just older software. He's definately on the trail.....killing it.

I'm thinking it's now 230pm at Joe Mary Road. 56 to go. Get to Pollywog stream tonight, which is about 32 miles to the summit of Kathadin. Sleep for 4-5 hours, then get up and finish it off. He'll arrive at Kathadin Stream before Noon, so he "shouldn't" have any issues heading to the summit with rangers, or even just being extra late in the day. It would put him around 44d, 10 hours, a full day ahead of the amazing Stringbean. And I get booted of the AT podium. :-) What an amazing run at it, and go figure, it was his 3rd attempt. OR.....he just keeps plowing through the night, that's what I'd probably do!

I found his Garmin tracker yesterday. https://share.garmin.com/kristianmorgan
    This shows him just short of Pollywog stream, about 34 miles out.
    Probably too late in the day to finish? I'm not clear on the Kathadin rules. But he should be ready to storm it in the morning, right?

Quote Originally Posted by TrailRunnerGuy View Post
    I found his Garmin tracker yesterday. https://share.garmin.com/kristianmorgan
    This shows him just short of Pollywog stream, about 34 miles out.
    Probably too late in the day to finish? I'm not clear on the Kathadin rules. But he should be ready to storm it in the morning, right?
    My guess is he'll go to Abol Bridge and sleep till timing is right, so he goes thru Kathadin Stream Campground early AM to summit. Also, his crew can enter the park at 6am. That would be ideal for him to arrive at KS CG, get supplied to head to the summit.

That's good, I was getting worried when I just refreshed the map and it showed him still at Jo Mary Rd. or maybe that's just something on my end.
    https://kristianmorganat.lt-leg-appl...tracking.com/#
    NoDoz
    nobo 2018 March 10th - October 19th
    -
    I'm just one too many mornings and 1,000 miles behind

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Meltzer View Post
    Also, his crew can enter the park at 6am. That would be ideal for him to arrive at KS CG, get supplied to head to the summit.
    They'll need to be at the gate by 4AM since they don't have a parking pass. They may have to wait until 7, an hour after the gate opens, to see if someone with a parking pass didn't show up.
    Are you in contact? If so tell them to state that they're willing to park at Daicey Pond, 2 AT miles south of Katahdin Stream Campground. It's not a Katahdin Trailhead, so no parking pass needed, and can get past the gate earlier than 7.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

That would be ideal for him to arrive at KS CG, get supplied to head to the summit.
    Here's another option: Have two or three people night hike the AT from Abol Bridge to Katahdin Stream and set up at one of the covered picnic tables to meet him with what they've carried in.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyLightning View Post
    That's good, I was getting worried when I just refreshed the map and it showed him still at Jo Mary Rd. or maybe that's just something on my end.
    https://kristianmorganat.lt-leg-appl...tracking.com/#
    my end too

Quote Originally Posted by TJ aka Teej View Post
    Here's another option: Have two or three people night hike the AT from Abol Bridge to Katahdin Stream and set up at one of the covered picnic tables to meet him with what they've carried in.
    will do. I can only text his mom, so not sure she'll get it, but I'll pass that on. Thanks!

At 8:15 PM he was about 1000 feet short of the Hurd Brook Lean-to (mile 2175.7).

https://share.garmin.com/kristianmorgan

No summit tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by k2basecamp View Post
    No summit tonight.
    he's gotta be itching to finish, but I still think he should rest at Abol, then enjoy the finish after a good breakfast Why not, he's got 2nd in the bag....Kinda like a victory lap...so to speak. He's done an amazing job...

I still think he should rest at Abol
    It'd make sense to stop there.
    20 mile day tomorrow. 9+ to Katahdin Stream, 10.4 up and down Katahdin.
    Here's wishing him the best.
    Teej

At the Abol Bridge CG at 10:38 PM.

At 11:11 PM he was still moving.

Halfway up Katahdin! He stopped for an hour or two at the Katahdin Stream campground, and started up around 4am.

He’s finished! The Garmin site showed him about a mile from the top at 8:11 AM, and at the top at 9:11 AM, so I guess he finished somewhere in that hour. A solid second place FKT.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
++ New Posts ++