WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chknfngrs View Post
    Looks like the gap is closing.
    he looks to be about 20 behind....as if they are stopped right now. 1138pm EST. STill will be super hard to catch Karel...but we're all still watching. He's killing it. Hardin gained a little on my time too, and he's got plenty of time to get way ahead of me in a few more days.

There has to be delays of some sort on that map. Last night the gap looked like 20 and now at 7am this morning it looks just under 40.
    NoDoz
    nobo 2018 March 10th - October 19th
    -
    I'm just one too many mornings and 1,000 miles behind

I was thinking the same thing, lazy

It's likely that this tracking site has it set up so the historical finishers' tracks move nonstop thru day and night at their avg paces whereas Kristian's live track will obviously stop when he rests creating bigger gaps come morning. Kudos to Kristian for his transparency and especially for his amazing persistence!

Quote Originally Posted by chknfngrs View Post
    Looks like the gap is closing.
    But that gap was the Presidentials. Looks like he had good weather to get through them this morning but the mileage gap at the end of today will be more meaningful than yesterday's.

Unlike many years, the temps in the whites are pretty nice this week. Usually this is real hot week.

Western Maine is tough.

Quote Originally Posted by k2basecamp View Post
    Western Maine is tough.
    saddlebacks coming up, Sugarloaf, Crocker, then the Bigelow's. Once he's over the Bigs....it'll start to subside....slowly. He's getting close, We're watching one of the greatest AT runs of all time. Keep encouraging this boy, he's gonna crush it!

so awesome to watch him killing it. He's been focused on this thing for many years. Finally coming to fruition. He may not get Karel's time, but he's crushed everyone else...So cool...

The race between Scott and Joe on the map has also been interesting, number 3 and 5. Though I'm not sure why they both drop off and reappear on the map at times. It's amazing to me how fast Joe went unsupported and so far only 1 person has touched him with full support. I'm sure it will be 2 people in a few days though. It's also amazing watching anybody fly through areas I was doing 10 mile days, all day.
    NoDoz
    nobo 2018 March 10th - October 19th
    -
    I'm just one too many mornings and 1,000 miles behind

Quote Originally Posted by LazyLightning View Post
    The race between Scott and Joe on the map has also been interesting, number 3 and 5. Though I'm not sure why they both drop off and reappear on the map at times. It's amazing to me how fast Joe went unsupported and so far only 1 person has touched him with full support. I'm sure it will be 2 people in a few days though. It's also amazing watching anybody fly through areas I was doing 10 mile days, all day.
    So many incredible efforts in the last few years. Scott moved solidly when he came through VA in '15 even though he was in pain, and then a week out it looked like a lost cause. He couldn't move fast at that point so he made it up with a spectacular number of moving hours and limited sleep. Karl pulled it off with mind blowing knowledge of the trail and planning, plus (obviously) huge effort and commitment. Joe went self supported but did it so smoothly that he outran the bulk of the supported efforts. Then there are the ones from earlier that paved the way - Horton and Warren Doyle seem to reappear frequently to support newer contenders along the way. And basically everyone seems to have a solid attitude of encouraging others. JPD has been an ambassador of the AT and the outdoors in general ever since her through hikes. Same with Anish and so many more.

these guys push it super hard! power through adversity, and such good examples to follow!

Karl, didn’t really know about FKTs until your Red Bull movie “made to be broken” came out. you worked your a$$ off, as did everyone else must have when they went for it. My other favorite run was Harvey Lewis, who knowing he wasn’t going to get the FKt finished anyways and probably had a great time. Just want to say thanks!

The map shows him at ~1965 miles at 40d 10h 4m.

big gap now
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Quote Originally Posted by One Half View Post
    big gap now
    Still going for 2nd fastestt👍

Amazing he’s still going, and didn’t give up knowing second fastest. Truly amazing

A small point, or maybe more of a question: the Legends Tracking thing that is linked to this post has total mileage at approx. 2125. 2022 WB mileage is 2194, or approx. 70 miles more than shown on this tracker. Something's off.

Images

Looks like Captain Morgan is near East Branch Lean-to mile 2126.5 about now...so about 68 miles left

can he finish tomorrow in 43 + days ? or finish thursday morning 44 days and a couple of hours ??

Good Luck Kristian
    Moses is my 2012 Trail name and was given to me at Fontana Dam

Images

* not thursday - friday 44 days **
    Moses is my 2012 Trail name and was given to me at Fontana Dam

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
++ New Posts ++