WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

you might want to reach out to this guy.........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sjOZ2kLP2Y

He is 6'1" .

He talks about the MLD Solomid XL being super roomy. He ended up buying an Altraplex.

Images

You can set up the LightHeart Gear Solong 6 without getting inside of it. It takes a tiny bit of practice, and is totally doable.

If a front entry tent meets your criteria, this one should work:

https://yamamountaingear.com/collect...orm-dw-dyneema

Slow getting back. Thanks to all who responded. I decided to try the Tarptent Notch Li. I found it used like new and got a great price on eBay. I think it will work as the ends actually slant outward at the ends. It’s a little more narrow than I wanted but acceptable. Great weight. Gotta try it out for real in real life conditions before deciding but I think it’ll work. If it doesn’t the search will continue.
    Oh, blackwater, keep on rollin', Mississippi moon, won't you keep on shining on me!

Peakbagger Extraordinaire The Solemates's Avatar

While it has poles, I’m a fan of the simple big Agnes fly creek. I think it meets all of your other criteria. Im your same height but 50 lb heavier and have no issues with space in the 2 man, and it weighs around your 2 lb mark.
    The only thing better than mountains, is mountains where you haven't been.

amongnature.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by blackwater slim View Post
    Any thoughts on six moon designs tents for tall folks? Specifically the lunar solo backpacker I think it’s called
    I'm only 6' tall but just spent 10 nights with a Lunar Solo. Well made, great tent, and while I had enough room to sleep, any movement towards vertical inside the tent caused me to brush up against the inside wall and come into contact with any condensation present. I was able to sit on my butt in the tent and _just_ have enough room to take a hobo bath inside the tent, but there wasn't enough height to sit on my shins.

My previous (homemade) tent had a 48" height which permitted such activities, which I did miss. I could see how movement would be very limited during a rainstorm without brushing up against the inside of the tent.

Quote Originally Posted by No Match View Post
    Zpacks Altaplex.
    Thanks for mentioning that one, it's greater height over the Lunar Solo might be the ticket for me.

Images

Plugging the LightHeart Gear SoLong 6. Plenty of room top and bottom, room for a pack beside you.

I'm 6'2".
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++