WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default FKT Attempt on PCT right now

Timothy Olson is working on a PCT attempt to set a new supported record. Current record stands at 52 days, 8 hours. He had covered 362 miles his first week. In order to get a new record he has to maintain an average over 50.6mpd for 2655 miles. He started in the Mojave and is headed NOBO.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Beyond comprehension for my little brain.
    Far Beyond driven!

GO FOR IT CMF!!!!

Images

Anyone know how Becky Rogers is doing on the PCT?

Seems like attempting a FKT during a record setting heat wave and potentially horrible fire season could be problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartFire View Post
    Anyone know how Becky Rogers is doing on the PCT?
    Who is she? Another FKT attemper?

Images

Becky Rogers ( https://www.instagram.com/the_phoenix_running/ )gave up after a week in this heat - smart move.

Quote Originally Posted by One Half View Post
    Timothy Olson is working on a PCT attempt to set a new supported record. Current record stands at 52 days, 8 hours. He had covered 362 miles his first week. In order to get a new record he has to maintain an average over 50.6mpd for 2655 miles. He started in the Mojave and is headed NOBO.
    Is he still at it ?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by JNI64 View Post
    Is he still at it ?
    According to https://fastestknowntime.com/tracking , he is past Kennedy Meadows and camped in the Arrowhead Lake area on June 17. He's averaging about 1 mpd short of the 50.6 mpd pace he needs to average to break the existing record.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Thank you, what a beast !!
    It had to have been well into 100's in Mohave , wondering how much night running he did? You considering your running almost 2 marathons a day every day!!

Images

Timothy Olson has had a fantastic ultra running career and is a fantastic athlete. This isn't some random guy attempting this thing. He's got a shot just based on his resume.

Quote Originally Posted by jersey joe View Post
    Timothy Olson has had a fantastic ultra running career and is a fantastic athlete. This isn't some random guy attempting this thing. He's got a shot just based on his resume.
    Nobody said he was . I don't know anything about him but why do you think I'm showing so much respect and recognition for his attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedbuzzard View Post
    According to https://fastestknowntime.com/tracking , he is past Kennedy Meadows and camped in the Arrowhead Lake area on June 17. He's averaging about 1 mpd short of the 50.6 mpd pace he needs to average to break the existing record.
    so he's into the Sierras. Looks like temps there are a bit more reasonable. On Instagram he posted it's been a little hard the last few days but he's keeping at it. Or words to that affect. Maybe it was the heat. Hopefully he will catch a reprieve in the mountains.

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

907 miles yesterday "afternoon." 18 1/2 days or so. That makes it about 49 miles per day with some of that time being in a heat wave. Possibly ahead of where Karel and Stringbean were at the same time during their FXTs. I don't have access to the data to see where they were at the "same point."

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedbuzzard View Post
    Just mind blowing numbers. I assume he’d pick up miles per day after the high Sierra. From what I see on some snow pack websites, there’s very little snow remaining which should help. I’ll be in the Sierra Nevada myself three weeks from now on a much slower four day walk.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
    Just mind blowing numbers. I assume he’d pick up miles per day after the high Sierra. From what I see on some snow pack websites, there’s very little snow remaining which should help. I’ll be in the Sierra Nevada myself three weeks from now on a much slower four day walk.
    Yeah, basically 2 marathons...in the mountains...every day. He covers more ground by lunch than I can in two days.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

I wish I was in that kind of shape.

1183 miles done as of 6/24. (2592.4 miles, so over 45.6% done)
    24 days chasing 52d 8h 25min or 1256 hours 25 minutes (has used up about 45.8% of the time he needs to beat)
    average is 49.3 miles per day.

Thanks I was gonna ask here soon.
    What a machine how a human can mind over matter to achieve this more human than human feet!!

I mean feat!!
    Probably not easy on his feet either.

I'm wondering how this is going to be validated considering that there is a 20 mile section of the PCT closed due to the Lionshead fire? As recently as May the FS estimates that the PCT will be closed all summer in that area.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++