WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Would this count as a zero day?

If you camped here, would it count as a zero day?

https://www.timeout.com/tokyo/news/h...rbecues-051421

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    If you camped here, would it count as a zero day?
    Really nice and all, but a zero day to me is just a day during (typically) a thru or lash where one makes zero miles on that day on their selected trail. It doesn't matter if you sleep in the AT trail shelter, the gutter or in a luxury hotel all that matters is as part of your hike you made zero progress in that day in terms of distance. This also excludes getting 'off trail' for a time, which is a subjective call, which could be for a side trip (such as hiking the LT at Maine Junction, before continuing the AT), or visiting friends, medical reasons, etc.

Ha! Wow, that is...weird. Weird to me, anyway -- and I expect to most everyone else on here. But then again, those of us who enjoy being out in the Dark Scary woods, with Big Scary animals, huffing & puffing ourselves into exhaustion, and actually <gasp!> sleeping OUTSIDE probably strike other people as weird, too. To each their own.

But I don't think it counts as a zero unless they spend half the day doing laundry and resupply.
    fortis fortuna adjuvat

My first thought is, "Wow. How nice. No bugs."
    I'm not lost. I'm exploring.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
    Really nice and all, but a zero day to me is just a day during (typically) a thru or lash where one makes zero miles on that day on their selected trail. It doesn't matter if you sleep in the AT trail shelter, the gutter or in a luxury hotel all that matters is as part of your hike you made zero progress in that day in terms of distance. This also excludes getting 'off trail' for a time, which is a subjective call, which could be for a side trip (such as hiking the LT at Maine Junction, before continuing the AT), or visiting friends, medical reasons, etc.
    Have to agree starchild thats a zero. Thats japan for you those acommadations. I d rather hit the noodle houses seen as I have to order good romein online.
    My love for life is quit simple .i get uo in the moring and then i go to bed at night. What I do inbween is to occupy my time. Cary Grant

I think the trip to Japan from the AT for a day at that place would not qualify as a zero day due to the sheer effort alone to yogi a ride on a squid boat off the Aleutians.

I wonder if the Fontana Hilton is going to offer a similar package?

That's the funniest version of "glamping" I've ever seen!

++ New Posts ++