WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Accessing AT from Bulls Bridge Road area (Kent, Connecticut)

Planning an AT section hike in the next month northbound from Kent, CT area and I'd like to pick up where I left off. The notice below talks about closures in the area. Can I still access the AT from Bulls Bridge or do I need to pick another spot?

https://appalachiantrail.org/trail-updates/state/ct/
    "The blue blazed side trail off Bulls Bridge Road in Kent, CT, and all NPS land between the AT and the Housatonic River from Bulls Bridge Road to the Ten Mile River is closed until further notice due to resource damage. Parking on Bulls Bridge Road, Schaghticoke Road, and Route 7 in Kent is prohibited. The A.T. (white blazes) will remain open.”

You can access the AT where it comes out onto Bulls Bridge Rd/Schaghticoke Rd, but you can't park there.
    If you are getting dropped off and hiking north to your vehicle, you are fine.
    (I shuttle in the area and can get you to the trail if you are in need of a ride. On the Whiteblaze shuttle listing for contact info or message me - Christine, mile 1451.8)

So, the next question he should ask is "where can I park the car in Kent for the duration?"
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

The Bulls Bridge parking lot has a sign prohibiting overnight parking. You can park on Schagticoke Road where the AT exits the road going Northbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    So, the next question he should ask is "where can I park the car in Kent for the duration?"
    Parking is available at the Kent Town Hall even though it is not open. I am doing a section in this area soon and I confirmed this with the Selectmen's office. I'm leaving my car from a Tuesday to a Saturday. You can download a form from the Kent website and provide it to them before the hike.

Quote Originally Posted by justhike View Post
    You can access the AT where it comes out onto Bulls Bridge Rd/Schaghticoke Rd, but you can't park there.
    If you are getting dropped off and hiking north to your vehicle, you are fine.
    (I shuttle in the area and can get you to the trail if you are in need of a ride. On the Whiteblaze shuttle listing for contact info or message me - Christine, mile 1451.8)
    Thanks Christine - this is just what I needed to know!

Quote Originally Posted by MisterQ View Post
    Parking is available at the Kent Town Hall even though it is not open. I am doing a section in this area soon and I confirmed this with the Selectmen's office. I'm leaving my car from a Tuesday to a Saturday. You can download a form from the Kent website and provide it to them before the hike.
    Thanks for the info, I'm getting dropped off by friends so I don't need parking but appreciate your response!

++ New Posts ++