WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Question WhiteBlaze For Dummies?

Perhaps this whole "Forum Help Topics" area is already "WhiteBlaze For Dummies," but apparently I'm even dummer than that.

How do I "Unsubscribe" from threads and also an entire Forum in one fell swoop? I want to unsubscribe totally from the Politics Forums. I've looked and poked around and been there and clicked on Forum Tools, and etc, but no luck.

I found a place under the Politics Forum to "Subscribe," but no matching "Unsubscribe" link. As I do get these threads, I am subscribed.

Anyway, the larger and more complex (and bigger stock of "history") that WhiteBlaze gets, the harder it is to know it all intimately and the harder it is to find how to do this or that among all the wonderful options we have here.

Unsubscribing seems pretty basic to me, but I'm not finding it. Thus, I conclude we need a "WhiteBlaze For Dummies" forum where users can help users. There are two problems with running to the moderators-- First they are over-worked as it is and I hate asking them dumb questions. Second they are so close to WhiteBlaze that it is impossible for them to look at WhiteBlaze through the eyes of one of the unwashed masses anyway.

Anyway, a suggestion... and a question.

THANKS!!!
    RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Click User CP on the menu bar, scroll down to Miscellaneous (on left), click Group Memberships, check leave group.
    Last edited by Sly; 03-27-2006 at 11:23.

Images

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man
    Perhaps this whole "Forum Help Topics" area is already "WhiteBlaze For Dummies," but apparently I'm even dummer than that.

How do I "Unsubscribe" from threads and also an entire Forum in one fell swoop? I want to unsubscribe totally from the Politics Forums. I've looked and poked around and been there and clicked on Forum Tools, and etc, but no luck.

I found a place under the Politics Forum to "Subscribe," but no matching "Unsubscribe" link. As I do get these threads, I am subscribed.

Anyway, the larger and more complex (and bigger stock of "history") that WhiteBlaze gets, the harder it is to know it all intimately and the harder it is to find how to do this or that among all the wonderful options we have here.

Unsubscribing seems pretty basic to me, but I'm not finding it. Thus, I conclude we need a "WhiteBlaze For Dummies" forum where users can help users. There are two problems with running to the moderators-- First they are over-worked as it is and I hate asking them dumb questions. Second they are so close to WhiteBlaze that it is impossible for them to look at WhiteBlaze through the eyes of one of the unwashed masses anyway.

Anyway, a suggestion... and a question.

THANKS!!!
    RainMan

beep beep neo

Quote Originally Posted by neo
    beep beep neo

That said, is there a way to completely ignore neo? Not just ignore his posts, but remove them from ever showing up at all?

Quote Originally Posted by sdoownek
    That said, is there a way to completely ignore neo? Not just ignore his posts, but remove them from ever showing up at all?
    Unfortunately not.

It would also be nice to unsubscribe, eliminate or ignore certain forums too, they should all be subscribed. I could give two ****s about hammocks, but it's easy enough not to read the threads.

Images

Lightbulb Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sly
    Click User CP on the menu bar, scroll down to Miscellaneous (on left), click Group Memberships, check leave group.
    Thanks Sly. And that explains part of my problem. I had to know to go to "Group" in order to "Unsubscribe" from "Forums." Kinda like Windows taking you to "Start" in order to "Shut Down." I should've known! LOL

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by neo
    beep beep neo
    What? No picture of your hammock or jetboil? I'm dissapointed in you neo.

beep beep? WTH does this even mean? Explain yourself immediately or be taken to the lobster preparation thread.

I don't want to know how people prepare neos.....

Quote Originally Posted by mambo_tango
    I don't want to know how people prepare neos.....
    well first you get a _large_ jar of peanut butter ...

Last edited by jlb2012; 03-28-2006 at 11:01.

++ New Posts ++