WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: DIY down hoody

Default DIY down hoody

High all, new to the site and to DIY. I have been having a hard time finding some kind of pattern to make a down hoody (something along the lines of a ghost whisperer but warmer). Just got into hammock hiking which was a major gear shift so DIY made sense. I had lots of covid related time to make (and use) a hammock, winter tarp, winter underquilt, shoulder season underquilt and finally a shoulder season top quilt. Really surprised how far my measly skills have come along. My wife is a ringer though and stands ready in the wings (but is called on less and less with every project).

frankly, making things based essentially on a rectangle (more or less) has been relatively easy to create but clothing is something else completely. but, hey, there is still a few yards of 49argon from Dutchgear and several ounces of quality down left over...I'd really like to try my hand at a jacket.

Any suggestions on how to get started?

Images

Ray sell a nice kit for a hood, but not a hoodie: https://www.rayjardine.com/ray-way/I...-Kit/index.htm
    Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. -Kahlil Gibran

some down jackets had detachable hoods. look in the lost and found of your local churches n schools.. i found a north face light weight down hood complete with snaps... FREE!

++ New Posts ++