WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Trail Reroute From Peters mountain to Yamacraw

If you are hiking in between these two trailheads, the only up to date maps are the 2020 printed maps. Interactive map and nat geo are now out of date. Trail follows the Kentucky Trail along the Cumberland River for this section, going through Ledbetter, blue heron and getting back on course at Rock Creek ford.
    Trail Miles: 4,927.6
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 0.0
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

There’s a new reroute at Wilson Ridge that is (currently) not signed but is blazed. A new sign is pending. I was told you have to “walk slowly along the Wilson Ridge Rd” if NOBO to see the blaze. It’s a 0.4 mile trail that dumps you at the Rock Creek ford and cuts off 4 miles of the WR loop. This is where you deviate from the KY trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Traffic Jam View Post
    There’s a new reroute at Wilson Ridge that is (currently) not signed but is blazed. A new sign is pending. I was told you have to “walk slowly along the Wilson Ridge Rd” if NOBO to see the blaze. It’s a 0.4 mile trail that dumps you at the Rock Creek ford and cuts off 4 miles of the WR loop. This is where you deviate from the KY trail.
    Yes I walked the original ST through this area, passed the "angry man house"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit McCrae View Post
    Yes I walked the original ST through this area, passed the "angry man house"
    I thought that angry man was going to come out and shoot me. I was scared but turning around and walking back up the hill scared me more.

++ New Posts ++