WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

1,630 miles and counting earlyriser26's Avatar
    Images

Default Road access to Brink road shelter NJ

I am looking at a fill in hike in NJ. I would like to start at the Brink road shelter. Is there road access? Can a normal car pass? Thanks
    There are so many miles and so many mountains between here and there that it is hardly worth thinking about

You can hike in across a woods road or trail. Driving to the shelter is not possible (thankfully, in my opinion--shelters right next to roads are often the ones that have problems with parties, trash, etc..) There are also a couple AT hiker parking areas (Culver Lake/Sunrise Mountain Rd & Crater Lake) that will get you close enough -- a few mile hike to the shelter.

This site has always been helpful with parking access along the AT:
    http://rohland.homedns.org:8008/at/s...3&sectionID=26

I plan, therefore I am Strategic's Avatar
    Images

About the closest you can get with a car is the junction of Tillman Rd. and Dimon Rd. north of the parking area for Tillman Ravine (which is part of Stokes State Forest) but it's still probably a mile or more from the junction (with no place to park there) and maybe two miles from the parking area. Check with the Stokes State Forest office about parking overnight at the Tillman Ravine Natural Area lot.
    Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War.

++ New Posts ++