I am on a quest to lighten my base weight, hopefully in an attempt to carry a..... chair! lol. Anyhow looking for a summer, sleep system that is firstly, very packable, second comfortable , 3rd light weight. I have recently found MY teetering point comfort Vs Light weight with a Neoair Xlight. I am a side sleeper and it wasn't comfortable for me. Ive since went to a 4" pad and hopping that is the ticket!

Back to the blanket/quilt thing... I currently use a UGQ 20* quilt, silk liner, and S2S Etherlight XT. In the summer I take an army surplus poncho liner/woobie. It actually works out really well! The wobbie is huge! I love I can snuggle up in it. It is synthetic and drys very fast. BUT it is 28oz. That is heavier than my 20* quilt!

Ive been looking at other options, Costco Quilt is at the top of my list, although it is proving to be difficult to find and I am concerned about the small size; regardless it is my number one pick. other than that, Ive looked at the S2S Traveller; 50*, down, 18oz. a Reactor extreme liner; Cant really find many people using it stand alone, 14oz. Lastly Ive recently read about Alpaca Wool blankets. It claims to be much lighter than sheep wool and warmer lb for lb?

What do you guys think? I have to be covered.. I am definitely a blankie sleeper... .