WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default What to do with backpacks while in Denver

To those from and/or familiar with Denver. We are planning on getting off the CT after a week and a half long section hike on Saturday or Sunday of Labor Day weekend and getting a ride, bus, or shuttle back to Denver. We have a midnight red-eye flight out of Denver on Monday - Labor Day. We'd like to try and catch a game at Coors Field as the Rockies have an afternoon game that day and then a nice dinner in the area. The question is what to do with our backpacks during that time. Do train/bus stations like Union Station still have lockers that can be used for luggage and such? Any other suggestions would be welcome.

According to this website, a bag can be stored at Union Station in Denver for $12/24 hours, with 48 hours max.

https://unionstationindenver.com/about/faq/

Once again the Whiteblaze community comes through. Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by gpburdelljr View Post
    According to this website, a bag can be stored at Union Station in Denver for $12/24 hours, with 48 hours max.

https://unionstationindenver.com/about/faq/

The Denver Union station is the nicest train station I have ever visited.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    The Denver Union station is the nicest train station I have ever visited.
    It was renovated in 2012-2014.

Images

Great plan Shae! After the game, walk back to Union, get your pack and hop on train-to-the-plane. Easy peasy!

Now the $64000 question.... where to eat? Either before or after the game... Labor day weekend is of course crazy everywhere in LODO* (coors/union, etc), but things tend to die down on actual labor day Monday... I've only been to a fraction of the multitude of places in LODO, but I've never had a bad meal/experience after dozens of visits to the Wynkoop Brewery (started by senator John Hickenlooper, by the way). But again, tons of choices!

*lower downtown

Thanks Rob. Yeah, the train to the airport certainly looks like the way to go. We ended up in the Denver area after our Collegiate Peaks Loop hike a couple years ago and after seeing Bonnie Raitt and Richard Thompson at Red Rocks we spent the next day in town Denver. Had a great time doing some barhopping and sampling the beverages and eats. Great area and looking forwarding to getting back there this year.

Quote Originally Posted by colorado_rob View Post
    Great plan Shae! After the game, walk back to Union, get your pack aned hop on train-to-the-plane. Easy peasy!

Now the $64000 question.... where to eat? Either before or after the game... Labor day weekend is of course crazy everywhere in LODO* (coors/union, etc), but things tend to die down on actual labor day Monday... I've only been to a fraction of the multitude of places in LODO, but I've never had a bad meal/experience after dozens of visits to the Wynkoop Brewery (started by senator John Hickenlooper, by the way). But again, tons of choices!

*lower downtown

++ New Posts ++