WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Stratton To Katahdin: Planning The Final Push

After 7 seasons of hiking, I am at my last section hike of the AT. Short of an injury, the AT will become complete for me at age 33 after 46 trips in 8 years while holding a full time job. It has been an amazing journey.
    The following are my last trip plans and as I have become all to familiar with: It always looks good on paper, everyone will never agree with your plans, hindsight is 20/20 and I never regretted not quitting on a trip.
    Based around the 2 weeks after July 4th I will start at Stratton ME27 and head Nobo. My wife and our 2 children will be on a journey of their own accompanying me in Maine for the 2 week period being based out of an Airbnb probably around the Greeneville, ME area. I will be on trail, they will spend their days exploring Maine via our unlimited mileage rental car as they please.

I have a backpacking plan which I will start the trip with, and pending circumstances I will be able to either backpack the remaining 180 miles which I have divided into 4 sections:

Stratton to Monson: 70 Miles
    Monson to Jo-Mary RD: 59 Miles
    Jo-Mary to Baxter SP: 51 Miles
    Summit day on Katahdin: 10 Miles

Capture2.JPG

Or I will have a fall back plan of breaking this 180 up into slack packing day hikes as Follows and can be initiated at any road crossing on the list:

Capture1.JPG

Disclaimer: All Maine CDC/ Covid Guidelines will be strictly followed
    Last edited by Gambit McCrae; 01-06-2021 at 14:04.
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

++ New Posts ++