WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Getting from Jackson airport to Pinedale

I've thru-hiked the PCT in 2016 so I'm used to rough & remote county but have minimal knowledge of the CDT. Myself & few guys are planning a 2021 late August loop on the CDT, flying in & out of Jackson. Any suggestions on the best & most affordable shuttle to & from the airport, places to stay in Pinedale & then a shuttle to the TH. Any & all suggestions are appreciate, Thanks!
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

We always go to Wind River Brewing Co. in Pinedale before and after hiking. Great burgers and beer!!

I know that Jackson Hole Airport is convenient.
    BUT! It’s probably the most expensive airport in the USA to fly to. Especially around Labor Day when there is a big political shindig in Jackson.
    Educated Guess: Price plane fare and rental vehicle to/from Salt Lake City. And/Or shift your schedule earlier or later.
    Enjoy Wyoming!
    Wayne

Pinedale area shuttle services:
    https://www.greatoutdoorshop.com/services/shuttles/
    What is your backpacking itinerary in the Wind River Range?
    Wayne

Agree with hobby on the brewery and sometimes the 2 moose that live in town saunter by which is a treat for this Jersey girl.

I liked High Country Suites in Pinedale. I ended up there after my group came out of Elkhart TH a day early and we didn't want to spend JH money for the extra town day. Great rates for a clean, practical room that includes kitchen.

My group rents cars even though we are leaving them at trailhead for the week. The advantages:
    --we can get our last minute items (bear spray, fuel) and eat in Jackson before heading to our trailhead
    --if plans change like they did this year we can bail early and go wherever
    --dealing with car rentals at JH not difficult--even if your rental car is off airport.
    Last edited by danil411; 01-04-2021 at 21:06. Reason: reference to previous post

Journal Entries
    Images

Thanks Everyone!! Yes we ended up hiring the Great Outdoor Shop for the shuttle to & from the airport as well as to & from the trailhead.

As the remaining group heads back to Northern KY, I will be flying into Reno on 9/5 and staying in S Lake Tahoe at the Mellow Mountain Hostel for a day or 2 to resupply & head out on the TRT clockwise from Meiss Meadow (southern PCT connection to the Northern PCT Connection & then heading N on the PCT since I have some unfinished business on the PCT where I missed a section from Truckee to Etna due to fires in 2016.

With that being said, if there are any Trail Angels in Reno or S Lake Tahoe, please hit me up if you're available to snag me from the Reno airport @ 6:15 pm & take me the the S Lake Hostel.

Appreciate the consideration!!

~Siesta
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

++ New Posts ++